DeMartini's 14G BioCube

hardcrab67

Lovely, but I do miss the pink leather(Sweet, got me looking for one!), doesn't look crowded now though. :joy: I love to look at nice tanks big or small ***) Yours is no exception!

demartini

Originally Posted by hardcrab67
Lovely, but I do miss the pink leather(Sweet, got me looking for one!), doesn't look crowded now though. :joy: I love to look at nice tanks big or small ***) Yours is no exception!
hehe thanks! i should have given you the leather! lol

soulless

i was just wondering if i could get some info from you im wanting to setup a 10g and needing to know what your startup setup was like filters and corals ect
thanks

demartini

Originally Posted by soulless
i was just wondering if i could get some info from you im wanting to setup a 10g and needing to know what your startup setup was like filters and corals ect
thanks
I have a tank that has a built in filter in the back. I took out the ceramic rings and the bio-balls, and filled the back compartments with small peaces of live rock (so my tank is able to collect more beneficial bacteria). Then I also took out the big sponge it came with (it just adds nitrates, and it takes out a lot of stuff that your coral feeds on) I put only one small strip of media filter...I hope this helps you out. As for corals I started adding coral after my tank was done cycling. My green star polyps came already on my live rock so I had that before my tank was done cycling.

demartini

I just got a new sexy shrimp. Hes super tiny. Sooooo cute!! Hes only about 1/4 of an inch. Right now hes hiding behind my zoos. Ill take a picture when he comes out.

the sherm

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I just got a new sexy shrimp. Hes super tiny. Sooooo cute!! Hes only about 1/4 of an inch. Right now hes hiding behind my zoos. Ill take a picture when he comes out.

very nice nano sexy.
about ur sexy shrimp i think it is also known as a harlaquin shrimp. if thats the case i hope ur local lfs told you that they only eat starfish. i could be wrong with identity but couldn't hurt to find out. i had a nano for a while and if you want it to look fuller get frag from the star polyp and get it to grow on the back glass. or even better get some xenia it grows faster. :thinking:

demartini

thanks! i know the shrimp you are talking about...they are also know as clown shrimp.i really wanted one before i found out that they only eat star fish lol the sexy shrimp AKA anemone shrimp are different. thanks fors the tip. Im hoping that my daisy polyps will grow on the back.

mercury724

I have a tank that has a built in filter in the back. I took out the ceramic rings and the bio-balls, and filled the back compartments with small peaces of live rock (so my tank is able to collect more beneficial bacteria). Then I also took out the big sponge it came with (it just adds nitrates, and it takes out a lot of stuff that your coral feeds on) I put only one small strip of media filter...I hope this helps you out. As for corals I started adding coral after my tank was done cycling. My green star polyps came already on my live rock so I had that before my tank was done cycling.
Nice Tank! gorgeous!
I have a 25g and i wanted to look like your tank man! it looks good!
I have a overhead filter and i'm usin those ceramic rings and the filter pads, after reading your post i wanted to yank out those filter pads and ceramic rings. do you use a skimmer? lookin at your tank pictures above i saw a return line behind the rocks is that caming from a sump? since you put liverock rubles on your hob filter did you also have lighting for it? or it doesn't need one?

demartini

Originally Posted by mercury724
Nice Tank! gorgeous!
I have a 25g and i wanted to look like your tank man! it looks good!
I have a overhead filter and i'm usin those ceramic rings and the filter pads, after reading your post i wanted to yank out those filter pads and ceramic rings. do you use a skimmer? lookin at your tank pictures above i saw a return line behind the rocks is that caming from a sump? since you put liverock rubles on your hob filter did you also have lighting for it? or it doesn't need one?
Thanks! No, i dont use a skimmer, but it never hurts to have one. Im not to sure what your looking at about the return line, i think its just a airline tube that got cought in the picture. I dont have a HOB filter, its an overflow. Live rock doesnt need any light.

mercury724

Thanks! No, i dont use a skimmer, but it never hurts to have one. Im not to sure what your looking at about the return line, i think its just a airline tube that got cought in the picture. I dont have a HOB filter, its an overflow. Live rock doesnt need any light.

no it's not airline tube i think.. well i have indicated it on your picture. may be you could post a shot of the back view
thanks

demartini

Heres a pic of the filter to my tank. You can see its a buid in filter not a HOB. Water comes in from one side, goes through the compartments (witch has a small piece of media filter, live rock rubble, and a heater) and come out the other side..

mercury724

since i have an HOB filter, i got a crazy idea to make a mod out of it. Could you give me comments about this mod if this would work? don't have an idea of what to put if ever on the second compartment.