DeMartini's ADA Reef

demartini

Originally Posted by uneverno
http:///forum/post/3001752
Yeah, they're asking 70 at LFS, but it's Huge. Tube is ~ 8" and the crown is red and white.
I just noticed you're in the bay - what shops do you go to?
LFS for me is Dolphin Pet Village in Campbell. Little pricey, but they're good.
wow!! your LFS overcharges big time!! The red and white cocos should be even cheaper than the bright red cocos. I've never seen one over $50 and the ones I've see are all big.
I used to go all over the bay, but now I only go to a couple places. Atlantis in Daily City and New Alameda in Alameda... I heard new alameda closed, but last time the manager let me pick out corals in his Oakland warehouse (zoa heaven hehe), so I'm going to try going there again. Lately I've been buying a few things from a friend with a a gorgeous coral collection in San Jose. I've been a little reluctant to buy expensive corals ever since my hermits started eating me best zoas....

demartini

sooo I have TONS of pods (ewww)... I decided to get a spotted mandarin! He's really cute and he eats frozen food too.

wax32

Really sweet tank. I'm a big fan of the zoanthids and corallimorphs. If I didn't have cats I wouldn't put a top on mine either!

bs21

DeMartini;3001748 said:
Thanks! I actually have to drive all over the Bay Area to get nice corals lol I haven't really gone out to buy corals lately...
QUOTE]
thanks i could hit evey store in the pgh metro area and still probably only find a couple exceptional pieces. especially when it comes to zoos. frags that are very common everywhere else get sold at a rather high price here and the really rare ones might as well be ordered online.

halostalker

yay a Psychedelic Mandarin..... i loved mine too she was so sweet. but just like u i had a huge blowout of pods but that will deff be eliminated with her in their.... i'll give u 2 months before u might not have any pods at all lol.
Thats what happen to me, i gave away my little princess, she now lives in a 150gallon shark tank all happy bc there are so many pods.

U got a pretty mandarin!!!!!!!!!

demartini

Originally Posted by HaloStalker
http:///forum/post/3009347
yay a Psychedelic Mandarin..... i loved mine too she was so sweet. but just like u i had a huge blowout of pods but that will deff be eliminated with her in their.... i'll give u 2 months before u might not have any pods at all lol.
Thats what happen to me, i gave away my little princess, she now lives in a 150gallon shark tank all happy bc there are so many pods.

U got a pretty mandarin!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he's enjoying his pod buffet...he's really fat now lol I love him!
Originally Posted by mnherper

http:///forum/post/3009351
your tank is absolutely gorgeous.
heeeey! I know you and that pretty mini in your avatar =) thank you!!
I'm going to frag out a little surprise for you soon! I'll let you know when it's ready, so you can tell me when to ship it.

luvmynano

Hi DeMartini! Im new here, but I just HAD to say that your tank is gorgeous! It is an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing your pics and very helpful info!

yearofthenick

Lauren, it looks truly amazing and I'm insanely jealous!
How do you keep your corals so happy with only a HOB filter and powerhead? Do you do water changes regularly? or vacuum the sand a lot? How do you keep it looking so nice? Do you put phyto in or do you target feed?

demartini

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/3015923
Lauren, it looks truly amazing and I'm insanely jealous!
How do you keep your corals so happy with only a HOB filter and powerhead? Do you do water changes regularly? or vacuum the sand a lot? How do you keep it looking so nice? Do you put phyto in or do you target feed?
Thanks, I do water changes at least once a week. I don't vacume the sand, I just clean the glass with magnet scraper. I do add a little bit of phyto every other day, to feed my clam, coco worm, and to keep my copepod population up. I target feed my mini anemones and dendro mysis. The rest of my corals just grab what ever lands on them.