Democrat or Republican?

doxboi

Originally Posted by Jer4916
I’m a 21 year old who is working on his second doctorate. :) I would be considered a childhood genius, and yes I would blow MY hard earned money on whatever I want. So should you. Your money is yours, for what ever you want to spend it on, smart or dumb. With a Democracy, if it was truly in place it would allow people to be as poor as possible and rich as possible. All depending on the person and what they lay out for themselves through there own hard work. If everyone is equal...wait a minute...that sounds like communism. I do not believe we truly live in a Democracy any longer, I believe it is a hybrid version of communism. Honestly it makes me sick to my stomach.
Social Security... I won’t see that money. Taxation without representation Just for an example.
Even now, I pay around $450 in taxes per pay period. I get nothing from that money, nor will I see it again. Worse..its not even paid, its taken. Its not a tax its a JACK! ..they steal our money legally. Its going to things like Social Security, Welfare, Wick ….etc all things I in no way shape or form support. Most of those problems that those people have are self inflicted. Such as a need for welfare, Children’s funds …etc …most are from people who cant hold back and listen to the Bible and wait until marriage for any form of contact. Since this is a problem I believe they should be left to fend for themselves or there children should be taken away and given to a proper home. Etc…
Grrrrr….Deadbeats….arg

WOW, for a person that refers to the Bible so much, it seems that youdon;y beleive in helping others "they should be left to fend for themselves" and "children should be taken away and given to a proper home" Who made you judge of a proper home, since when did Christ agree with letting people fend for themselves? Dude your all mixed up, God does disagree with abortion Mark 9:42 - And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea, also God is against gay marriage, Romans 1:25-32 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Also if you are a Christian you would know that a person that has relationship with God can be filled with more knowledge that a man attending school for hisher doctrine. So do not be-little others, boast of your knowledge, and most of all show hate through your words. If you know Jesus you would know that he always used people that were nothing or did not have much. The Apostles weren't high in mighty, rich or have alot of anything. Look at David in the old testament he was a murder, adulterer and so on, but God used him in an awseome way!! Jesus looked to heal the sick and the poor, your words do not bear those fruits. If I were a person against Christianity and saw your posts I would hate Christanity more. Bible say be aware at all times for you never know when you are entertaing ing an Angel! Looks as if instead of studing for everything else you need to study the Word Of God some more!!

doxboi

Originally Posted by Jer4916
To whom asked what my degree's are in
Bach in Theology,
Masters/Doctorate in Divinity.
Working on my DMIN (Doctorate of the Ministry.)
As looked further I saw this. WOW, you are studying to be minister. That is a shame. Your actions in words go against the Bible or what Jesus would have you do! Remember school can't teach you how to have a relationship with God that you need to seek yourself.
I am not saying if I am Republican Or Democrat, but I will say that we can not look at who we vote for ever based off of two things, abortion or gay marriage, because there is alot more to consider along with abortion and gay marriage. Besides republicans are responsible for the murders of thousands of Native Americans, removal of Native Americans from their land and so on. I can go on forever about Native Americans and their tragedies. And through all of that some people suffer from curses of generations, and those curses keep them bound to the enemy untill they find Christ, and you as a Christian are to help those poor what you call "moochers" people to Christ. The enemy has your mind confused!
Religion are people who stand around the cross, Relationship with God are the people that get on the cross.

doxboi

Originally Posted by Stone
This type of topic has messed up so many message boards. I know, I know I dont have to read it. I just think any one who starts threads like this on a fish, car, computer fourm justs wants to start trouble. Look we all have SALT WATER FISH TANKS and computers life cant be that bad!! What I hate about theses threads and I have seen to many to count on the diffrent message fourms I have visited over the years is No one EVER changes anyones mind. So what does that tell me? People just do it for there own kicks. How the HELL are you going to change someones mind on a message board?
Mike
Like your point

jer4916

im COMPLETELY against abortion, never once said i was fore abortion in the least, im completely against gay marriage...and yes i do believe if a child is in a home where there parents can NOT feed,handle, raise as arrows in the proper direction, then yes they should be removed from there home, and i have never preached negitively, fact of the matter is people NEED to focus more on christ then on the government, im not going to elect a man who is pro-abortion or pro-gay marriage, being gay is a choice, and should be a choice not allowed, im not saying i bash gays or hate them in anyway, i love them hate there sin. i will not fight bible with bible, we'll gain nothing, but fact of the matter is you completely mis quoted me, and there is nothing negitive that i have said in anyway that is unbiblical. Just dont be so easy to say someone is negitive because they preach hard. im sorry but gods word is a two bladed item. it cuts, like it or not. also look at sodom and gamora ... he didn't tolerate it any longer...he wiped them out, bible states clearly what end times will be like, were near those days my friends, so dont expect me to calm down or preach soft...problem with so many christians now days is that they go to a warm and fuzzy church that only preachs on gods praises...never on his punishments leaving people to never feel convicted for the the horrible things they do.

nikolai

Jer, I think you're a nut. It's people like you that made countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia the way they are today. Liberty and Justice for all DOES NOT work with a theology. What is wrong with a child being raised by same --- parents? Are you implying that homosexuals are "retarded" in that sense? You do realize, that statistics show children in same --- homes and hetero homes have the same rate of being homosexual? Another point, is that gay people are born that way. I can see why you don't accept this, as the entire foundation of your religion would basically crumble (considering that in your view, God made everything, and if God made gays and gays are sinners, then God would in a sense be a sinner). Your views on abortion are also horrible, as you wish to restrict what another can do with their body. My final point is: Why the HELL should I focus on jesus, who may have been a lunatic (Just putting that out there... not saying I believe he was) when I'm not even Christian? You do realize that your entire life could be a lie.... Heaven may not exist, and you would've wasted your life. For all we know, the Bible was written by a schizophrenic. There is NO proof that Jesus was the son of "God" or that the writer of the Bible knew any of the crap that he put in there. I think that if God is real (Which I do believe he is), he would want us to live live to the fullest. In a nutshell, I think you are a nutcase.

jer4916

1. i have proof God, Jesus Christ exsists and the Bible is truthful, any christian can tell you the same thing, you see him in your daily life, you see him in other christians you see him in the many blessings other christians recieve. Bible also states that the unsaved will not understand things like this, nor will they find understanding. So your views on me being a nutcase is more then fine, i will pray for you, and those in your life. You can say my life is wasted or other christians lives are wasted because you dont believe there is a heaven or hell, thats to bad, because eternity is a long time to be wrong....I would rather be right about God, and live my life biblically then live my life to the fullest, and burn in hell.
personal choice though...

jer4916

Besides, I do live my life to the fullest, i have a wonderful family, wonderful home, wonder friends, a wonderful church and so many blessings....i wouldn't trade any of it for anything...so i do live my life to the fullest... just doesn't involve going to bars,party'n,hooking up with women...etc Also just for the record im working on my PHD in DMIN, as well as in Psychology and its medically proven that homosexuals are making a choice, its a trait learned or picked up through life, i know many MANY x-homosexuals.

tangman99

Ok, guys. Not to go too far out on a limb here, but no one here (Pro God/Anti God) can prove anything so let's not make those claims. If that were true, we would all say "Oh yeah. I see the proof so we can all believe now."
I've questioned religion openly for the past 25 years and 90% of the answers I get when there is no answer is "You have to have faith". Now that's a cop out answer. I can have faith that I'm going to win the lottery. Now I know I have a better chance of being struck by lighting 5 days in a row when there are no clouds in the sky, but I can have faith and continue to waste my money.
There are thousands of religions believing in hundreds of Gods in this world. For any one to stand up and say "I am 100% correct and everyone else is wrong and by the way they are going to hell because they are wrong". Well, not everyone can be right and even all the religions that follow Christianity can't agree among themselves what is right and wrong. If they can have 20,000 variations of what God truely wants, I can have my own and I have just as much chance of being right as any of them.
Here's the part that really screws it up for me. Many people that know me on this board know I was a law enforcement officer for many years. For some of those years, I also worked Death Row in Raiford Florida (It's not in Starke as you always hear on the news). I worked Phase III death watch (final 24 hours) many times when the religious figure (depending on what faith the condemned practiced if at all) came in, the condemned would ask about God and pray and get saved. I don't know how many times I heard a preacher tell these guys that God would be waiting for them on the other side. I had to ask one of the ministers one day if he really believed that horse crap and he said absolutely. Now I was curious how someone who had kidnapped, raped and murdered someone and who knows what else this person did over his 50 years of life as over half were spent in prison, could a few hours before his death all of a sudden be saved when someone who had lived their life honestly and was an all around good person was not saved unless they jumped through the hoops spelled out by religion. There's something messed up with that if it true.
I've always heard that God is merciful and you can't begin to understand God's mercy. Now how in the hell (pardon the pun) is sending someone to hell if they lived an honest life but just because they technically did not meet the exact requirements support this? I've been told that no man can touch the mercy that God shows, but I would never send someone to burn for eternity because they did not believe what I ask.
Here's some more questions I have that no minister has ever been able to answer except for the cop out answers:
Why did my best friend's wife die of

[hr]
cancer at 35 years old leaving him with a 9 and 11 year old child to raise without a mom and the crack addict on the news gets shot 9 times by police and lives?
Why do innocent children suffer and die from cancer when scum of the earth are bullet proof?
You know what answer I usually get? "We just don't understand God's plan and one day it will all be clear." Bullcrap! I want to understand now. If someone can provide an answer to these questions, not only would I be greatful, I'd be impressed.
Enough ranting. I'm coming across in a tone that I don't wish to present, but I've seen so many things in my life that would make anyone question if there is really someone watching out for us and does he really care.
Sorry, but I've worked myself up. I hope I did not offend anyone.

nikolai

Tangman, I am also on the fence. Frankly, I despise Christanity and Islam. Both are horrible, and persecute several groups. Oh and Jer, where is this "medical" evidence that people BECOME gay? Anyway, I like Buddhism. Doesn't discriminate against anyone, and it doesn't actively try to convert people.

farmboy

THis conversation goes on . . . . :sleepy:
Tang, regarding deathrow conversions:
Matthew 20
The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
1"For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. 2He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard.
3"About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4He told them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.' 5So they went.
"He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. 6About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, 'Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?'
7" 'Because no one has hired us,' they answered.
"He said to them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard.'
8"When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, 'Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.'
9"The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. 10So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12'These men who were hired last worked only one hour,' they said, 'and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.'
13"But he answered one of them, 'Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius? 14Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?'
16"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."
Hope that helped

farmboy

Faith in God and a relationship with Him is a very personal/individual thing. Since everyone is different, we try to find a Church(denomination) that we are best suited for. I doubt there is any one person who agrees with every thing/tradition in their Church. The minute details are moot. Love God - Love your neighbor: Them's the basics. These are true in ALL Christian denominations.

farmboy

Regarding mercy and the afterlife:
Matthew 25
The Parable of the Ten Virgins
1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'
7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'
9" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'
10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11"Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'
12"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'
13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
Hope that helped.

jer4916

again, " unsaved will not know these things." the greek and hebrew texts and king james bible say to do all things in meekness,..not all christians are over barring. catholics being the main violent/discriminating crowd, (look at the crusades) actual christians do not follow the beliefs of catholics, so please do not act as though all christians are " catholics " ..catholics are as far from actual christians as christians are from muslims or mormans. also, i do not believe each christian denomination is correct, baptist,methodist..etc doesn't matter what there title is...if they dont follow the bible to the teeth or at least preach it as absolute truth and not bend it ..then they are a false teacher/prophet. not all but most churchs do. do that ..hence darth tang why you cant seem to figure out christianity, because you haven't studied it enough to know there are HUGE differences between: baptists,fundamental baptists,north american baptists,southern baptists,luth,cath,meth. ...etc. all follow different doctrines and act different. key out of all is salvation, all your doctrines in the world can be wrong, but if your wrong on salvation, that it is a GIFT from god and his grace saves you and nothing more...then your living a life with false salvation, and yes a man can get saved the minute before he dies, because if he truly repents and asks for forgiveness and believes that jesus christ truely died for his sins then he will be saved, speaks of it in romans quite clearly.
now i've been awake for all of 2 minutes, so please for give 90% of the spelling errors...my head hurts.

darth tang

Here is the problem though with the belief that homosexuality is not a choice but genetics. Ok, I will accept genetics as a plausible explanation for the moment. But you can't turn around and tell me pediphiliacs are making a choice and can be fixed through therapy and rehabilitation. If one sexual preferance is genetic, they all are. That is the problem I find with so many people that think homosexuality is not a choice, they feel pediphiles are a choice and can be fixed. If sexual preference/attraction is genetic, it is genetic. You can't pick and choose which is genetic and which is a choice to suit your concience or feelings.
Going further, if it is genetic, then why do we, as a society, bother to try to "fix' pediphiles? I mean it "is genetic" so no amount of incarceration or rehabilitation is going to change the fact that these people prefer little children over adults. Just like you can't change the fact someone likes men over women.
Further more, why is it I see Homosexual couples 75% of the time where one acts, looks, and dresses like the man, and one acts looks and dresses like the woman. If you want someone that looks like woman, get a woman. If you want someone that looks like a man, get a man. Don't go get a woman that looks like a man and call yourself homosexual. I don't buy it. You obviously are attracted to physical features of the opposite ---, so why stick with same --- that look like the opposite? This right here tells me it is choice..................
If it is for the sexual acts themselves, I am sure you can find someone of the opposite --- that will do the same things a member of the same --- would do with you............without getting to crude I hope people could see what I am getting at with this last statement.
Based off these few points, I can not agree it is genetic. The minute we start using genetics as a reason we begin to slowly absolve people in society of all guilt. If sexual preference is genetic, murderers could be geneticly inclined as well as rapists and such. As people we have the power to choose things and these choices are what makes us unique and above animals in the food chain. Once you start claiming genetics in matters where you have the ability to think or make a decision....you turn humans into instinctual animals....with no ability to control themselves.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Farmboy
Is it just me or do these threads go from politics to religion in about 2 seconds?
:notsure:
:yes:
It brings out the best and worst in us all.

Jer, I have to disagree with you on Catholics. I am Roman Catholic by birth and choice later in life. Of all the religions I have encountered, the Catholic religion to me is the one that is the most consistent and makes the most sense. The worst I have encountered is Southern Baptist. Now I don't practice any of these today.
Farmboy, thanks for the parables. I'm familiar with all the ones you mentioned but doesn't mean I think they are right.
I guess the long and short of it is I respect any ones beliefs. I just happen to have my own also. :yes:

darth tang

I will even go a bit further after a moment of thought.
Here is a question based off of a true story. A guy is sexually attracted to women typically about 5'3" tall and about 110 lbs. He has always been attracted to this build of woman and has often dated only women that fit this profile. This obviously must be genetic. One day he meets a girl that is roughly 5'9" 250 lbs. They become friends and hang out quite often. A few years pass (5) and He eventually falls in love with her and gains a physical attraction for her....and gets married.
If geneticlly he preferred and always was attracted to a certain style of woman, why would the individual marry and love physically and emotionally, someone not in his "sexual preference"?