Depressed - Venting

shwstpr88

Well its 1am, havent been on this site in a long time, just did a 30 percent water change after finding my cowfish having stress problems looked like ich.my emperor angelfish looking like death in a corner very faded and dark looking, one of my two clowns looking like he has cotton candy all over him, my yellow tang in a corner being eaten by an urchin, diamond goby found an hour later looking like he had his head cut off. Had great water quality no ich around prior.
I am guessing my cowfish just killed my entire tank, Im gonna go have a drink and a bowl of ice cream and stare at my empty tank with the moon lights on. I do still have my hippo tang, one clown, california sting ray, pretty sure my blue spotted puffer is about to die.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwstpr88 http:///forum/thread/383701/depressed-venting#post_3357744
Well its 1am, havent been on this site in a long time, just did a 30 percent water change after finding my cowfish having stress problems looked like ich.my emperor angelfish looking like death in a corner very faded and dark looking, one of my two clowns looking like he has cotton candy all over him, my yellow tang in a corner being eaten by an urchin, diamond goby found an hour later looking like he had his head cut off. Had great water quality no ich around prior.
I am guessing my cowfish just killed my entire tank, Im gonna go have a drink and a bowl of ice cream and stare at my empty tank with the moon lights on. I do still have my hippo tang, one clown, california sting ray, pretty sure my blue spotted puffer is about to die.

Bummer...However cotton candy all over him does not sound like ich. The last time I saw anything like what you discribe is when I had a cold and messed with my tank. Seems puffs with lotion that I had wiped my nose with is not good for the tank critters. I lost everything but the sandsifting goby.

mproctor4

Sorry. That is a horrible feeling! (went thru it not too long ago) Thinking it is time to do several water changes. Hopefully you can save the rest. I've been wantint a cowfish too-just to afraid.

srfisher17

If your cowfish is still alive, I doubt he is the villain; their toxin is deadly to the cowfish too.If the cowfish had ich, other fish would have it too---and the ich had to come from somewhere, it doesn't just suddenly appear from nowhere. For some reason, this really sounds like a water quality problem. IMO, rule #1 with cowfish (unless there is a more obvious problem) is to remove the cowfish at the first sign of trouble. Although it doesn't last long; there will be a milky substance in the water after a cowfish releases toxin.

Yea what isn't stated is how long was it like this? Something that drastic has to take days, if not weeks to build up. Did you just notice? Sorry for your loss, but it does sound like a maintenance problem, not enough attention paid to water quality, etc.

shwstpr88

Nope water quality in my tank is prestine, and yes the cowfish is dead as well. I may have mis spoke of "ich". Anyway I think it was the cowfish this is an established tank over 2 years old. I have been successful in saving my hippo, one clown, firefish, scooter and so far my spotted puffer.