DERASA Help....PLEASE

btldreef

What new things were added to the tank recently? Just trying to figure out if it's annoyed by something (the fish) or it if is a parasite form?

meowzer

NOTHING at all....this is the 29G, and I have not added a thing....I did have to move the clam though....IDK if you remember....this is the one that started on the left of the tank...and maneuvered itself all the way to the back right..LOL...Well my Frogspawn go soooo big, I had to rearrange a couple of things, so I moved the clam back upfront.
This was a couple of weeks ago though....BUT that is all I have done to this tank....I do w/c's on it about 4-5G's every other wweek...and I change one carbon bag each time (has 2)
I did do a w/c yesterday also, even tho I did one last week, and I did change another carbon bag as you suggested...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/380790/derasa-help-please/20#post_3315200
What new things were added to the tank recently? Just trying to figure out if it's annoyed by something (the fish) or it if is a parasite form?

meowzer

UPDATE...LOL....OK....I can't get a pic right now cause I kinda stirred things up :-0
The clam has a small spot on each side.....I was watching it earlier and got to thinking.....the clam went from the left front of the tank....all the wya to the back right on its own.....when I moved teh frogspawn, I took the clam out of the back and put it front right......then I notice this,,,
hmmmmm......could I have upset it......SO...I moved a little sand around, and placed the clam back on the right side of the tank (side...not front)
I will let the tank re-settle...I am making some more water for a w/c tomorrow also....I will then see how the clam does
Does this make sense to you guys??????

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/380790/derasa-help-please/20#post_3317064
UPDATE...LOL....OK....I can't get a pic right now cause I kinda stirred things up :-0
The clam has a small spot on each side.....I was watching it earlier and got to thinking.....the clam went from the left front of the tank....all the wya to the back right on its own.....when I moved teh frogspawn, I took the clam out of the back and put it front right......then I notice this,,,
hmmmmm......could I have upset it......SO...I moved a little sand around, and placed the clam back on the right side of the tank (side...not front)
I will let the tank re-settle...I am making some more water for a w/c tomorrow also....I will then see how the clam does
Does this make sense to you guys??????
That sounds okay to me. The less stress it's put through, the better off it may be. I'm still surprised by all this as Derasas are less likely of all the giant clams to get PMD.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/380790/derasa-help-please/20#post_3317147
That sounds okay to me. The less stress it's put through, the better off it may be. I'm still surprised by all this as Derasas are less likely of all the giant clams to get PMD.
Well I am gonna see how it looks tomorrow and do another w/c too......I'm not sure if I should do another dip...it didn't do well afterwards :(

meowzer

Well...the derasa looked a little better this morning....it still has the 2 spots, BUT was open more then it has been the past week or so

I am going to do a water change later on this evening, and just keep an eye on it......Apparently it doesn't like the front on the tank....I have a K1 on the left side blowing across, which is not very strong, but she must not like it
who knows.....

meowzer

Here it is now....I have not dome the w/c yet...(lazy me) It's hard to see in the 1st pic, BUT in the bottom pic you can see the one spot on the far side, and the other on the closer side
In the top pic you can see how "fluffy" the derasa is :)

meowzer

HMMM..Here is a sad update....My Derasa died :(
It had actually started to look good after I put it back in the back of the tank, BUT the last few days I noticed something wasn't right....and the past 2 days it was closed....I figured something was bothering it....today I decided to check it... :( It was dead....so I removed it
OH well......