did any one notice the democrat debate?

seasalt101

the moderator ask should english be the official language of the united states 1 candidate raises his hand some unknown from alaska what is wrong with this picture?...tobin and yes i'm a republican

windmill

I'm still trying to see the picture.
Your sentence is a little hard to follow.
Some Alaskan raised their hand.....to answer a question, or to ask a question? Or was it like a yay or nay thing with a raised hand meaning yay.....or nay?
Yeah, I didn't see the debate.

seasalt101

only the former alaskan representative thought that english should be the official language in this country, every other democrat would not agree to that not hillary not edwards not richardson none of them...tobin

mike22cha

That is sad. I personally never see any great canidates on either sides for the past couple elections. Don't like Bush, didn't like Kerry.

seasalt101

yes i totally agree it is sad but thats the libs for you they will not stand up for anything that is and always should be american standard i am going to vote for rudy giullianni he showed me during 9/11 what kind of person he is...tobin

seasalt101

but the minorities are their constituants, so what do you expect and please don't bash that statement its just truth...tobin

windmill

Personally, I don't pay any attention to they titles, their parties, or their debates.
If they've served in a war they get my vote before any that haven't. If they don't have a whole bunch of buddies up in parlaiment or some political name, that's another plus. If they've ever had to worry about bills........ok, ok that doesn't apply to really ANY politician but it'd be nice to see some average joes up there who don't wear thousand dollar suits.
A wise or insane man once said "if you have to choose between two evils, pick the one you've never had before". I'm voting third party.

aztec reef

I didn't take it the wrong way...but after reading that statement of Constituants , this questions came to my mind..
so you're saying that minories rule the Goverment now. Or democrats?
Why is it that the Democrats are looking after the minorities?
This is why Illegals aren't getting punished...cause of Democrats which makes No sence for the US..

rylan1

I'm trying to decide on candidates right now. So far I like Obama and Edwards . Not sure about Republicans. Maybe McCain and I am not sure about Guliani. I took a look at their websites to learn about the issues and their views. I'd have to say based on the little I've done so far to research the candidates....Obama has the best plan...

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
I didn't take it the wrong way...but after reading that statement of Constituants , this questions came to my mind..
so you're saying that minories rule the Goverment now. Or democrats?
Why is it that the Democrats are looking after the minorities?
This is why Illegals aren't getting punished...cause of Democrats which makes No sence for the US..
democrats and i am trying not to offend but they are more apt to approve welfare that is why in large cities the democrats win...tobin

rylan1

Originally Posted by seasalt101
democrats and i am trying not to offend but they are more apt to approve welfare that is why in large cities the democrats win...tobin
I disagree, I feel democrates address minorities and issues that involve people of moderated to middle incomes. Republicans seem to represent people who value right to bear arms, the rich, and conservatives. People who live in cities are probably more open to change then people who live in suburbs and rural communities... which is why they are conservative or libreal....Not a fact,just my opinion.
Many of the people who are on welfare probably don't vote. I'd say at least half...without looking at any data...and people on welfare includes those outside of the inner city who live in trailer parks and gov't supported housing. So basically I disagree with the statement...
Many republicans don't go after the minority vote with the assumption they won't get it anyway.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Rylan1
I disagree, I feel democrates address minorities and issues that involve people of moderated to middle incomes. Republicans seem to represent people who value right to bear arms, the rich, and conservatives. People who live in cities are probably more open to change then people who live in suburbs and rural communities... which is why they are conservative or libreal....Not a fact,just my opinion.
Many of the people who are on welfare probably don't vote. I'd say at least half...without looking at any data...and people on welfare includes those outside of the inner city who live in trailer parks and gov't supported housing. So basically I disagree with the statement...
Many republicans don't go after the minority vote with the assumption they won't get it anyway.
the democrats push for big government so they are deeper in everybodies business, and i agree with the right to bear arms what gets me is why minorities can't see that the democrats that push for welfare is to me a form of modern day slavery that keeps minorities in their little groups where republicans would rather educate them to make their lives better and contribute to the economy than put a drain on it and minorities do not realise when ever they got civil rights a republican was in office when slavery was abolished it was a republican that set them free, and another thing is the impression of republicans going easy on the rich the rich pay about 90% of all tax dollars if they tax them more the businesses and corporations you think that they are going to lose money no the bill will be footed by everyone the cost gets pushed onto the consumer by the corporations raising the price call it business cost that rolls all the way to the consumer's wallet...tobin

rylan1

the democrats push for big government so they are deeper in everybodies business, and i agree with the right to bear arms what gets me is why minorities can't see that the democrats that push for welfare is to me a form of modern day slavery that keeps minorities in their little groups where republicans would rather educate them to make their lives better and contribute to the economy than put a drain on it and minorities do not realise when ever they got civil rights a republican was in office when slavery was abolished it was a republican that set them free, and another thing is the impression of republicans going easy on the rich the rich pay about 90% of all tax dollars if they tax them more the businesses and corporations you think that they are going to lose money no the bill will be footed by everyone the cost gets pushed onto the consumer by the corporations raising the price call it business cost that rolls all the way to the consumer's wallet...tobin
I agree in someways and disagree in others...I think minorities lost faith in republicans when JFK came around and this is when they turned to Democrats. But again I haven't seen anywhere that democrats are pushing welfare. There are many people on assistance and this issue is not just an inner city issue. I do however want to know why republicans seem to ignore or not address minorities. Take Bush for example... it took him like 4 or 6 years to meet with the Congressional Black Caucus and NAACP, after repeated attempts to get him to meet with them. In my opinion republicans don't seek the black vote, unless they are churchgoers, and he used (Bush) the same --- marriage issue and his statements about morals and faith to in my opinion pull the shade over our eyes to blind voters about the real issues.

seasalt101

I'm trying to decide on candidates right now. So far I like Obama and Edwards . Not sure about Republicans. Maybe McCain and I am not sure about Guliani. I took a look at their websites to learn about the issues and their views. I'd have to say based on the little I've done so far to research the candidates....Obama has the best plan...
i kinda given up on presidential plans i don't think i've seen a successful one yet i go on what i have seen with the particular candidate i saw how rudy handled the 9/11 crisis and was impressed that is a guy that held it together under the most extreme circumstance, and with a democratic house and senate the taxes would add up fast so it's got to be a republican for me anyway...tobin

rylan1

i kinda given up on presidential plans i don't think i've seen a successful one yet i go on what i have seen with the particular candidate i saw how rudy handled the 9/11 crisis and was impressed that is a guy that held it together under the most extreme circumstance, and with a democratic house and senate the taxes would add up fast so it's got to be a republican for me anyway...tobin
And we meet again, I watched the GOP debate last night, wish I saw the democratic one. Guliani did okay, what may be a problem for him and your party is his position on abortion. I also found it interesting that no one supported McCain/Bush immigration plan. There are so many issues. One of the problems I have with the Bush Admin and republicans is the budget issue. You say they believe in small gov't.. why do we have the defecit and the reckless spending? If one from this party is elected is highly likely that many who are the problems will remain in cabinet positions and so forth. Clinton was able balance it... I kinda in the middle though between the 2 parties... I don't know if the Health Plan is a good idea as far as universal, but I also don't know if the suggestions the GOP made are any good either.

seasalt101

I agree in someways and disagree in others...I think minorities lost faith in republicans when JFK came around and this is when they turned to Democrats. But again I haven't seen anywhere that democrats are pushing welfare. There are many people on assistance and this issue is not just an inner city issue. I do however want to know why republicans seem to ignore or not address minorities. Take Bush for example... it took him like 4 or 6 years to meet with the Congressional Black Caucus and NAACP, after repeated attempts to get him to meet with them. In my opinion republicans don't seek the black vote, unless they are churchgoers, and he used (Bush) the same --- marriage issue and his statements about morals and faith to in my opinion pull the shade over our eyes to blind voters about the real issues.
jfk was a democrat...tobin

seasalt101

And we meet again, I watched the GOP debate last night, wish I saw the democratic one. Guliani did okay, what may be a problem for him and your party is his position on abortion. I also found it interesting that no one supported McCain/Bush immigration plan. There are so many issues. One of the problems I have with the Bush Admin and republicans is the budget issue. You say they believe in small gov't.. why do we have the defecit and the reckless spending? If one from this party is elected is highly likely that many who are the problems will remain in cabinet positions and so forth. Clinton was able balance it... I kinda in the middle though between the 2 parties... I don't know if the Health Plan is a good idea as far as universal, but I also don't know if the suggestions the GOP made are any good either.
ok with the war in iraq kinda tough to stay on a budget on the note of the war i do not believe in polite war pardon the term if i was in charge iraq would have been leveled war over in 10 days max and that is not using nukes it's straight up carpet bombing till it's over ok with clinton he raised taxes reaganomics work, that was the best system ever developed you remember all the yuppies there were alot of rich people made in the 80's problem with universal health care it eliminates alot of r&d in medicine name a drug canada has come up with in the last 40 years the us has the best health care in the world because of it i have survived 2 rounds of cancer of course i am a millionaire in reverse now but i can see going back too work maybe this year if not early next year anyway and immigration i'm pretty hard core on that i said the other day i'd shoot them at the border after thinking about it that is murder so i came up with high fence that is in place already add moat and add eletrical grid that would stop the illegals and like i stated i have no problem with going about it legally...tobin