DILEMMA...Please help me

meowzer

OK...here is my problem...i have 2 3 spot black damsels (yes damsels)
Until a couple of weeks ago they were fine...now they are ANIMALS...they BIT me, are chasing my yellow tang, blue hippo..and did I mention they BIT ME!!!
I called my NOT SO LFS and when I asked him if he though someone might want them....well he laughed...one is 4" and one is 3"
i have had them since they were maybe quarter size....WHAT DO I DO???
It has been suggested that i (flush) them....BUT I FEEL SO GUILTY...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...help me out here...I have NOWHERE to bring them....they are monsters
what do I DO???

U

usirchchris

Ship them to Ohio. I think Damsels are great
. Kinda surpised your LFS would not take them. Mine will take anything so long as the fish is in good shape.

meowzer

Originally Posted by usirchchris
http:///forum/post/3039577
Ship them to Ohio. I think Damsels are great
. Kinda surpised your LFS would not take them. Mine will take anything so long as the fish is in good shape.
He said they were too big and generally too mean...imagine that...LOL
I still like my chromis, and my yellow tail...but they havent tried to eat me yet

flower

I wouldn't be able to flush them either. I hate those mean pretty things. They should come with a warning. Every new person buys them, it is the only reason there is a market at all for them.
I would just hang on to them until I found a person to take them. Put an ad in the paper to give them away free.

pezenfuego

Three words...
Youth in Asia.
I don't think euthanasia is the best option, BUT if you can't find a home for them, DO NOT FLUSH THEM! This is terribly inhumane because their death is very long, painful, and undeserving. Mix some tank water with clove oil until it is milky, and submerge the fish in this bath until it falls into a deep sleep, then dose the bath with some vodka, rubbing alcohol, etc until it dies. Then and only then, flush it.

meowzer

I'm not wasting my vodka on my fish....LOL.....I think I'll put it or them in my fuge IF I CAN CATCH them........
LONG AND PAINFUL...are you kidding...the minute they hit the septic...don't you think that would be sudden death...lol

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3039614
I'm not wasting my vodka on my fish....LOL.....I think I'll put it or them in my fuge IF I CAN CATCH them........
LONG AND PAINFUL...are you kidding...the minute they hit the septic...don't you think that would be sudden death...lol
No, imagine drowning in a pool of horribly disgusting and toxic waste...
You can use alcohol if you don't want to waste vodka and clove oil is pretty cheap. Good luck catching them, I hope the fuge works as a nice home for them

meowzer

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3039615
No, imagine drowning in a pool of horribly disgusting and toxic waste...
You can use alcohol if you don't want to waste vodka and clove oil is pretty cheap. Good luck catching them, I hope the fuge works as a nice home for them

UGH...I feel soooo bad....BUT THEY are terrorizing me and my tank

sean48183

what size tank do you have them in? If it is the 225 then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plenty enough room for fish to clear out. I have a big ole nasty tomato in my 150 who loves doing some nipping but the fish have plenty enough room to roam so it is no problem. Ironically I have 2 damsels(4 stipe and blue w/yellow) in my tank that are both around 3 years old and they are the most docile fish in my tank. The dwarf angels even pick on them.

meowzer

Originally Posted by sean48183
http:///forum/post/3039651
what size tank do you have them in? If it is the 225 then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plenty enough room for fish to clear out. I have a big ole nasty tomato in my 150 who loves doing some nipping but the fish have plenty enough room to roam so it is no problem. Ironically I have 2 damsels(4 stipe and blue w/yellow) in my tank that are both around 3 years old and they are the most docile fish in my tank. The dwarf angels even pick on them.
Yeah it's the 225g...this all escalated a couple of weeks ago...they use to be ok...then they started attacking the magnet as I was cleaning the tank..THEN ME...yesterday I noticed them chasing the yellow tang, today I they were chasing the blue hippo
...do you think this is just a phase???

spanko

Ha Ha HA , "Neener neener neener, catch me if you can you stupid clumsy stingray"

I like the fuge idea. You can keep an eye on them, they can be in what will amount to a long timeout.
The other option for euteansia is into a baggy of water and into the freezer. Not as cruel as flushing or subjecting them to the clove oil and such.