Disappointed...

farmboy

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
Hehe, I assume everyone is a guy for some reason. I'm not chauvanistic, just stupid lol.
. . .wasn't there one time when you posted "madam" to someone with a Kitty Cat avatar, and it turned out to be a guy!? (I think he said it was his girlfriends cat) That was FUNNY!
Lisa,
CBS are really cool to watch! We have a rock ledge about 2-3 inches off of the sand where "Bandit" likes to stay. He was on the sand one second, then he does this slow motion "Matrix" move where he flips upside down to cling to the underside of the ledge rock! AWSOME! They are not shy.
CBS also clean up left overs and scavenge for other things. . .
We added some extra Diatom munching power in the form of ceriths. New tank. Hey, 10 for 10 is not a bad price.
Good luck with the new order. Keep us Posted.

mudplayerx

LOL You guys have some good memories. I'd better watch what I say. There were no CB shrimp in either of the lfs's I went to today. Guess I'll have to wait til monday to get one after the new shipments.
ps- I don't remember if I posted this or not, but I'm actually buying the CB shrimp to hunt down some smaller shrimp in my tank.

monalisa

Well, speak of the devil! My new lights were here when I got home from work. I've got them burning right now, and what a HUGE difference, it looks like a totally different tank with colors I didn't even know were in there!! I'm happy...

Lisa :happyfish

monalisa

They're smartlite PCs. Not really sure of the #'s, all I know is that they sure do beat that little run-of-the-mill flourescent I was running. They make the colors just pop!! I'm a happy camper!! :cheer:

1journeyman

Grats on the lights... it's amazing how lighting can change your tank.
Eventually you'll have to try a Metal Halide. The way the water *shimmers* and refracts the light is unbelievable.

monalisa

JM,
In the future. I'm just starting my tank out and I plan on doing FOWLR for at least the first year. After that, you know, when the obsession grows, I'll look into better lighting for my other inhabitants...
I can't believe the difference just between the change today...holy smokes!! Just beautiful...

ant

Hi Lisa,
Congrats on the new lights! Funny, I just got mine last night and hooked them up today. I was out of lights for two days so poor things have only had whatever sunlight coming from across the room. Boy! What a difference! It really does look like a whole new tank! I also got my newest, and last fish for a long time I hope, 6 line wrass. He is SO cool and a blast to watch. My son and I were just staring at the tank tonight. Well, I usually stair, he just joined me. :eek: I'm SOOOOO addicted. :jumping: Ant.

mudplayerx

Nice pics! Mine always come out blurry, even with a top of the line digital camera. I think the metal halides have something to do with it because the pics are almost blinding as well.
I agree that metal halides are the way to go if you have the cash. They create nice shadows, glimmer lines (like you stated), the color is perfect, and you can keep any critter you want. The only problems are the price, like I said, and they are hot as hell.

ant

Thanks Mud. So, are those big lights hanging down the hallides?! Wow! That's some lighting system. I would like to see some pictures of your reef and one inch of fish.
My second obsession is taking pictures. My family is sick of me taking pictures. But, I love it. I don't have a top of the line camera but I'd sure like one. Maybe after I slow down with the SW investment. :hilarious Ant.

mudplayerx

If you look really really closely at the bottom right of the tank, you can see a purple dot... that is my one inch of fish, lol! The lights are coralife pendants, each one is a 150watt HQI MH. I think I have more pride in my lights than I do in any of my corals LOL!
I'll try to get some pics tonight. The only problem is #1, my horrid photography skills and #2 getting the camera without dead batteries in my house is like winning the lotto.

ant

Oh yes...I see the purple dot! Good luck with the camera. I look forward to the pics. If I may make a suggestion...try and go into options, choose multiple pictures with AF. Might be a bunch of little squares together. Then take your pictures. Should be able to take them faster consecutively. HTH some. I love taking pictures. Ant.