disappointed

mylady

I have to say I am really disappointed with our last fish order experience. We had ordered previously and a good protion of the order arrived deceased or almost deceased. This time hubby wanted to surprise me with a green mandarin. He also ordered peppermint shrimp and an emerald crab. One shrimp arrived deceased, the crab came missing a leg and the mandarin lived a day or so. It's so disappointing. our daughter gets so excited about the new fish and showing them off and she gets upset when they die. hubby and I decided not to order anything online again unless it was some coral perhaps. So sad.

1guydude

Im sry to hear this....this is like the 3rd report of bad shipments from SWF recently!!!
Come on this is my home site!!! WTH

scott t

Sorry that things did not work out for you with your Order from SWF. I have been doing research for a long time and I have to say, that the best time to get Live Stock shipped to you is in the Spring or the Fall. This being said across the nation is has been very hot everywhere and as many suppliers do use heat or cold packs in their shipments, its a risk you take when you have something shipped to you. When the weather is 80+ out these packs can only do so much during shipping. I work in a Dental office where we have 4 guys who work for Fed Ex come in, and I have asked them about this and they said that they do not usually use the air conditioning in the trucks they drive because they are in an out of it so much that it is useless for them to have it on. SO essentially the box that is carrying your live stock is sitting on a truck that is well over 80+ degrees. In the southern part of our nation it has been 90+ in most areas and this is where the shipments come through. This is why most On line retailers that ship livestock have a guarantee on the livestock they ship. Once that shipment leaves their facility there is not much they can do about it, because they are putting it in the hands of the shipper. I have read many times on here and have talked to many people who have ordered from SWF and when they have had issues like this SWF has always rectified it if you take the proper steps to getting credit under the arrive alive guarantee. Hope that you have better luck in the future with ordering.

flower

I know SWF will refund everything except the shipping cost (unless policy has changed)...To be honest I have almost never had an injured or dead critter on arrival from them. I have ordered lots of critters over the years.

meowzer

Things don't ship well in the summer.....period.....I have ordered probably 20+ times from here and could count the casualties on one hand
sorry you had a bad experience, BUT IMO it is not the norm

gemmy

I want to start off by saying I am sorry to hear about your bad experices. It is especially hard when kids get excited over the new additions and then shortly after have to deal with the loss of the new additions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386493/disappointed#post_3395392
Things don't ship well in the summer.....period.....I have ordered probably 20+ times from here and could count the casualties on one hand
sorry you had a bad experience, BUT IMO it is not the norm
+1.
I placed an order on the same day as you and received my order on the same day. I live about 3-5 hours south of you, so there is not much difference in the weather. I opted to have my order held at FedEx, since it was hot that day and I did not want my package floating around on the back of the FedEx truck for hours. I have not lost a single item from my order. This is what I ordered a velvet fairy wrasse, 40 snails (2 different groups of 20), knobby starfish (who is surviving despite a powerhead attack), assorted brain coral, EIBI blasto, EIBI bayou blue zoas, candy cane coral and a plant combo package. Everything I received was in GREAT condition.
I have received the majority of my livestock from this site and have never been disappointed. I even received my mandi from here and he is thriving.
I can understand how you would not want to order fish or inverts online, but if you do decide on trying on more time then I would call SWF directly. This way you can find out the size of the specimens and ask questions or put in specific requests for your order.

deejeff442

i just ordered a huge cuc .100 snails 100 crabs 3 emeralds and 3 conches.saltwaterfish called my cell and said they cant deliver it to my house since its 100+ out there now.so i had to pick it up at fedex.everything was alive and well and now 3 weeks or so later everything is still doing great.it might be better to just pick them up the morning of delivery.i picked up mine at 9 am right off the truck.

monsinour

Not that I dislike SWF.com, but I am falling in line with,"I want to see what I am getting before I buy it." I have plenty of LFS around me with 1 really great one. I may get corals online, but its not like swf.com has designer zoos that I want in my garden. If I can transfer the credits I have to someone, I would gladly send them to someone in need. I dont think that is possible though.

monsinour

The emerald crab died today and all of the cheato I ordered melted away. Woo hoo! I dont even see the pepp I put in the sump. THat was money well wasted.

deejeff442

i usually buy all my fish and corals locally.but for a cuc online prices are great.i dont worry about a few od the cuc dying shrimp i would get local since they are so fragile with salinity.