Do blue tangs go with yellow tangs? ASAP!

corally

Originally Posted by theonlyKC
My tank 60-65gallons

You are supposed to have at least a 75 gallon tank for even ONE tang.

johnzo

I wouldn't put a Blue hippo in a 60 gallon tank unless you will be upgrading to a larger tank they require a lot of room when they get bigger, and trust me they do get big mine is about 8" long and he likes to swim. They say in a smaller tank they get stressed. I am sure you will hear this same thing from other people on here.

theonlykc

Originally Posted by Johnzo
How big is the tank and how big are the tangs
oh ya and my blue tangs are super small, and the yellow will be too

sufunk

im fairly new to the hobby. My tank is 1 year old and 36 gallons, we have had a blue tang(about 3 inches now)for like 6 months. Of course daughter had to have it and a clown bc of Nemo. ive never heard that the tank is too small for him and i have what i thought were fairly advanced hobbyist friends. He seems very happy and doesnt seem constrained at all. Is this only when they get bigger or is this tank too small for him even now?

bang guy

Originally Posted by sufunk
Is this only when they get bigger or is this tank too small for him even now?
All anyone can offer here is opinions. In my opinion a 3' tank is way to short for a Blue Tang. The problem isn't water volume or the size of the fish, it's swimming space. Blue Tangs like most tangs, are built to swim. There are exceptions like the Kole Tang but I'd suggest at least a 4' tank even for the Kole.
Your fish may do fine and live long, I hope it does :)
It doesn't mean you're cruel or anything like that. You just need to be aware that any problems your tank has will affect your Tang a LOT more than if it were in a longer tank. In other words, you're fighting the odds of success.

puffer9006

i no i guy that has 2 yellow tangs and a blue tang and they are pretty much as big as its going to get and he says they live fine. he aslo has an 150 gallon tank