Do Brissle worms kill clams??

Heya..
I have long since given up Clam keeping, and havent kept up much on the latest info.. But the last thing I remember hearing about them years ago was that Brissle works killed clams.
Is this actually true???

promisetbg

I don't know if it's true,but I read this for the first time yesterday,on the package for the "Trap-Em" bristle worm catcher.:confused:

zanemoseley

Bristle worms will NOT kill anything, they will however eat anything dead and possible anything badly injured, they may eat a clam that has a damage and infected foot.

bang guy

I agree. They'll eat a dead clam but they won't kill it. I think that rumor was started because Clams die so oddly. They can look OK, just unhappy, right up to the hour they just fall apart. The instant they die the Bristle Worms will be all over them. The typical hobbiest sees a colorful clam in the evening and a clam covered by worms in the morning. "Since nothing I did could have killed the clam, it must have been the Bristle Worms" they say with their twin 40 watt strip lights over their 55 gallon tank.

promisetbg

Originally posted by Bang Guy
"Since nothing I did could have killed the clam, it must have been the Bristle Worms" they say with their twin 40 watt strip lights over their 55 gallon tank.