Do i have to many fish? 110g

C

coryjac0b

I recently had family/friends over for christmas, and someone that has no idea what the words, protein skimmer, and/or calcium reactor etc. means said the comment, eww your tank looks like a "bait" tank are you supposed to have that many fish. This is coming from someone that doesn't deal with fish tanks or anything like. It got me thinking, maybe i do have to many fish, what do you think?
Foxface Lo
Purple Queen Anthias
Scopas Tang
3 Green Chromis
Lawnmower Blenny
Scooter Dragonet
Mandarin Dragonet
Gold-Striped Maroon

puffer32

I have 12 in my 150, and thinking of adding afew anthias, but not sure because its a reef tank and generally less is best in a reef tank. I don't have any fish that will get real big, except a YT. I think 10 is ok in your tank, is it a FOWLR?

michelle l

I don't think that you do, and I typically stock very lightly.
Only a few of your fish are active swimmers. The dragonets/blenny normally rest on the rocks or sand, plus these fish will stay small.
It just seems to me that your guest was behaving rudely.

poniegirl

coryjac0b said:
I recently had family/friends over for christmas, and someone that has no idea what the words, protein skimmer, and/or calcium reactor etc. means said the comment, eww your tank looks like a "bait" tank are you supposed to have that many fish. This is coming from someone that doesn't deal with fish tanks or anything like. It got me thinking, maybe i do have to many fish, what do you think?
The bolded, underscored words are key to the answer.