do oceleris and true perc fight?

troy989

i had an oceleris and a perc. at the store it said they were both percs. i like percs beter and i was wondering if i buy a perc would they fight? (meowzer nissan and beth im not geting this for bout a month maybe more)

S

shrimpy brains

Not sure I understand the question.
Are you saying that you currently have an ocellaris and a perc.?
If so, I would not add a third clown as one will be outcast. I would recommend that you, either replace one or stick with what you've got. (assuming they get along)

J

jetskiking

Not sure I understand either. If you already have two then don't add a third. If your wondering if you can keep an ocellaris and a perc together then look at my avitar

crypt keeper

If you have two and they arent battling your lucky. Adding a 3rd whatever species it may be it will join one of the clowns and kill the other or be killed.

troy989

i have one oceleris. i want to ad a true perc are they gona fight? i thought the one i had was a baby perc. the other one wich was a perc died

youpey

be careful when adding a second clown
if your original clown was in the tank for around 2 weeks or longer, it will probably have become female since it was the only clown in there. you cant have more then 1 female clown in the same tank.
the way clown fish are, all clown fish are no gender when born. the largest/strongest becomes female. the second largest/strongest becomes male. all other clowns in the group remain no gender, there will be challenges for dominance with the small no gender clowns with the male clowns, since they want to mate. if the no gender clown wins and kills the male it will take its place and become male. the male can fight with the female, and if it wins the male will become female. here is the problem with buying a second clown at a later time. 2 females cant be in the tank at the same time. although a no gender clown can become male or female, and a male can become female, but a female cant become male or no gender, once female, it is female for life, and since two females cant be in the tank at the same time...
so with that being said here is the rule i have always applied and it usually works well
if your clown was in the tank more then 2 weeks, then make sure the next clown you get is not the only clown in the tank at the LFS. if it is the only one it will possibly be female too. they will fight to death.
when you look at a tank with more then one clown in the tank, make sure you dont get the largest, it will be the female.
try to get one of the smaller ones, it will either be no gender or male
i know this is long, but i hope you found it helpful