Do you count Actinics in your lighting wattage?

hairtrigger

Actinic PC's?
50/50 PC's?
Because, I am trying to figure out my exact wattage, and I never count those, or my regular flourescent ballast.
Now, I know actinics are important for blue spectrum, but are the really effective contributors for wattage and power?

hairtrigger

Oh, this is good. It means I have more wattage than I thought. Not counting the lights someone from the board is ripping me off on though. :D :mad: :D

entice59

dont forget those ______, who have SUV's or drive cars with modified lights... AHH IM BLIND! i cant see infront of me or behind me without being blinded..
and what about those drivers who use turnsignals while changing lanes... defeats the whole purpose of the turnsignal doesnt it?

entice59

not during the change... like this i want to change lanes, i look behind and to the side then signal then change right? but they do this look behind and to the side then change then signal, typical san francisco drivers :rolleyes:

entice59

my fish/shrimp knows when its sunup... even though my room is almost completely dark, watched discovery channel the other day about stingrays, apparently they have a sense of time; they actually know the days of the week and the time of day..
Stingrays in this aquatic park(dont know the name of) only float up on tuesdays and fridays before feeding time to prepare itself to get a meal before 4 o clock when its feeding time... only on those days... simply amazing

bang guy

If they are true Actinic I would count them. If they are the 7100K Blue bulbs I would not, or just count 1/10th of the wattage.

debbers

Hehehe...
There was a billboard up here at Christmas time from an insurance company that read:
On Dasher, on Dancer, on Blinker when changing lanes!
:D

buzz

Don't just go by wattage. Go by intensity, and distance from the light as well. Wattage by itself does not guarantee enough light.

bang guy

Originally posted by jamesurq
don't count the 7100 blue? Comparing the 2 you'll notice that although the 7100 doesn't cause the flouresence that the actinic does, it definitely provides as much light .(certainly not 10%!!)...

It does not provide as much light.
It actually looks brighter but it is emitting only about 10% as much light. This has been checked with a PAR meter.
Actinic light is on the edge of what our eyes can perceive. As a result it does not show up as brightly as yellow light to our eyes. I assure you it is very useable to Zooxanthaelle.

Kispass 4130,
I emailed customsealife asking about the ultra actinic. The guy wrote that all their pc actinics are the real thing. The only 03 actinics they sell are the 55 watt bulbs. The ultra actinics peak at around 460 nm and have no Kelvin rating, according to Wes Brooks (the customsealife guy).
So looks like you are okay if you have the customsealife 65 watt pc. But if you have the 55 watt actinic pc, you have the 03.