Does anybody know good fish stores in NY?

bahamianme

Where in New York do you live? Do you live in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Long Island, Staten Island or Up state NY??????:confused:

lfd-143

There is a good fish store in Patchogue on Rt 112 south of Sunrise Hwy. The name is Country Critters. They have a huge selection of corals and fish, but you need to be careful because some items are bit over priced. There is also Pet Warehouse in Lindenhurst right on sunrise Hwy. Not a big selection but fair pricing.HTH
Frank

dreeves

Interesting reading at 216.168.47.67/psw/Fund.htm concerning a Long Island LFS...
Additional Information can be found at http://www.newyork.bbb.org with a search for the LFS name.
Always check with the BBB on any businesses you intend to purchase from.
Disclaimer:
In no way shape or form does this post reflect any dealings, negative or positive, with this store, owner or otherwise interested parties. Consumers have a right to any and all information available concerning their potential selection of businesses and vendors...

bahamianme

There is a store on Old Country Road, Hicksville """Tropical Showcase" with just about anything you could want. Also, there is another one Tropical Showcase in Rockville Centre...... Just like Country Critters...its a little pricey....Good luck:rolleyes:

blueeyes68

I was going to post the same ? that Tasha just posted, but I'm in Orange county NY...Anyone know of a good LFS up in this area? thanks.:)

lfd-143

tasha,
I went to petwarehouse around two months ago and they didin't have a great selection for a reef. I saw two tanks with frags in it and about twenty tanks with saltwater fish. They did look heatlhy when I was there.:) They also had a couple of tanks with live rock but it was expensive. I don't remember how the anenomes looked are how many I saw but they had some.sorry.
Frank

bas12547

blueeyes68 -Where abouts in Orange county? I know a few around the Newburgh Beacon Bridge. There is also a good one in Hopewell Junction.
Brian

blueeyes68

Hey Bas,
newburgh isn't that far from me. Matamoras PA is Near me, Middletown NY, Goshen, Monroe, I'm in Greenville NY in orange county. Whats the name of the one in Newburgh? Thanks
Donna

bas12547

Tropical World is about two miles up 9W (north) off of 84. This is the last exit before the bridge. There is another guy called the Fish barn in Hopewell junction. This is about 12 miles past the bridge. You would take exit 15. This is the Lime Kiln Road exit. Bear right at the end of the exit. At the end of Lime Kiln, take a right. He is about 2miles down 52 across from the East Fishishkill Provensional (Smoke house). He has a barn in his back yard. Nice stuff and good prices since he does it part time.
The hours a a little weird. He opens at 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM on weekdays. I am not sure of his weekend hours.
Take care,
Brian