does this mean i'm addicted???

firedad720

my wife told me i'm infatuated(sp?) with my tank. she said i can't say three sentences in a row without talking about my tank.
i tried getting her into the hobby, but i guess i didn't make it! but is there really anything else to talk about?
i guess i am addicted :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
thanks rick

i'am quite sure that anyone that' been in this hobby, as a
jealous significant other. After all this takes time away from
them,but hell all work and no play, makes for a dull boy
or girl!

T

thomas712

The aquarium isn't the only problem, you forgot to add the time spent on the computer looking up reef related stuff :D

E

elan

my girlfriend left me about two months after i got the tank.. we wernt together for a length of time, but i just think it was funny...
the girl i just started dating loves the tank...

cells

somewhat glad that I'm single now. The enormous time spent looking at the tank, the websites, as well as the money $$$$$....

LOL yep I know the feeling. I have tried for 3 years to get my wife to get my wife hooked on saltwater .... and still no go :p
I think they just get use to it ... Or they are just plotting, you never can tell ;)
BTW , your addicted as well , welcome to the club :D

N

newreefers

if you are on this board, you are an addict. LOL. My husband and I are living apart right now for the sole purpose of him having to stay in the new house to' babysit' (read do top offs and water tests) the new 125. This will last for a whole month.:(

timsedwards

LOL the best thing to do is to get your girlfriend down to the LFS with you and ask her to pick out a pretty fish! Although she did last pick out a Sea Apple :eek:
Tim.

mine hated fish, than i got a saltwater and said it's your's, she loves fish now, i can't take her to the lfs without her buying something and now she's also on this board with me

daniel27407

Originally posted by newreefers
if you are on this board, you are an addict. LOL. .:(

Ok that statment right there explains it all

c_bell

Well I got lucky. My wife love the SW tanks and going to the LFS. I do let her try to pick out her own fish, but she always goes for the small fish like a royal gramma or clown goby, and then on the next isle over she sees a lion fish and wants one of those. :D :D Maybe I can talk her into getting another tank to make it an aggresive tank ;)

ttran1999

I spent most of my time looking at my fish tank and she spent most of the time watching tv shows after work. When I first got my salt water tank, she was not very happy and we argued about the tank a lot but now everything is fine and she is happy. do you all know why she is happy now? Cause I upgraded her diamond ring to 2 carats :D . She pretty much leave me a lone now after work lol...The only way to resolve your problems with your wife is throw them your credit card or buy them diamond :D .

broomer5

yeah it's pretty addicting :p
I can just imagine what many here would say if someone asked them " what would you do if you won the lottery?"
If you would say to them " I'd get a huge saltwater tank with all the best high dollar techno-trimmings" ...... then you're addicted !

E

elan

I have often dreamed about wining the lottery and getting myself an amazing fishtank.... just think about what you can do with an extra few hundred thousand dollars...

finland

That's funny Broomer. I just had that conversation tonight , after I bought a lottery ticket. Dare to dream!!