Dog development.

pwnag3!!

This goes out for people that own sporting breed dogs... especially dobermans pitbulls or any bull dogs.
Do you have a method for bulking up your dog? like weight training... my buddy breeds pits and he said they make weight jackets to build more muscle but i havent been able to find any. He also said that you can use chain when you walk them.
Has anyone ever heard of giving your dog choline? Its naturally occurring in

[hr]
milk and aids in development of mind and body when young so i was thinking that you could possibly give a small tablet with food to your dog to aid in its mental and physical growth.
Any tips tricks or suggestions?

pwnag3!!

Just tryin to bulk him up. Im thinking of getting his papers and training him for schutzhund competition

diane4

First, let me tell you that a Doberman Pinscher and a Pit Bull are not sporting breeds, they are in the working group.
As for bulk up of any dog, if you are talking about increasing muscle mass, then consisten excersize is best for him/her. Start with daily walks, increasing distance and then up to a run. They sell treadmills to work your dog out at home.
What is the reason why you are trying to "bulk" up your dog?

diane4

Then buy a larger breed if you want a bigger dog. Great Dane, Great Pyrnese, Saint Bernard, Newfie.
As to bigger is better, I guess it all depends on what your looking for and for what purpose??

Bigger isn't always better. Dogs are different just as people are. And good comes in all sizes. I have a Miniature Pinscher little guy, about 12 pounds because he is overweight and 2 Doberman Pinschers.
All great dogs.

dirtee147

dobermans aren't big in the muscle dep. thay have more ofa tone muscle. now pitts that is a totally difrent story.I don't have one but a freind of mine dose and he built a weight sled and has trained him to pull it. I have recently started training my boxer to pull and he dose great but start with the walking and running. Oh and if you do start the pulling there are special harnesses for it. good luck

ferry_007

"Bigger dog is a better dog"
LOL....thats just funny! Seriously though,good luck w/ the training.. :jumping: :jumping:

pwnag3!!

yeah im going to the feed store to see if they have a nice harness for pulling... if not there i will find it online.

mimzy

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO????

An entire THREAD about big dogs and NOT ONE SINGLE PICTURE???
:mad:
:mad:
SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE!!!!!

1968oldsma

If you want a proper weight gain with a dog i had this issue with my Akita she was very undersized at 55lbs i put her on a weight gain plus exersize and she is sittle good at 78lbs and she could knock a house down, only thing is my weight gain formula is 3 times a day wet+dry, then exersize accordingly i feed the dog let the food sit for an hour or two then go for a jog or something to really works the dog, although a large doberman..thats kind of odd there small dogs. Compared to my akita she is doing real well at her size now, i'm very happy. But if you are going to make the dog big just cause you want it big then i think you should look into another breed.

mudplayerx

I may be out of line here, but why not just walk or jog with your dog and get it some natural exercise. Those weight jackets and treadmills sound very cruel to me. The dog can't communicate to you when it is tired and wants to get off of the treadmill, and he can't tell you if the weight jacket is hurting him.
Like I said, I know nothing about "buffing a dog up", so I may be way outta line here. I'm just concerned.

pwnag3!!

a responsible owneer would know what would be hurting his dog or not hurting him to an extent. Now if i was to try and pump him full of stuff... that would not be easy to tell if he was doing ok... which is why i would never do it.
As for weights... i start low just like a human would do... if he starts dragging or stops all together and pants hard... its obvious that he is tired.
Now if it just plain hurts him i can tell by his body language.
its all about being responsible.
im not here to hurt my lil buddy. thats cruel.

teresaq1

There are diff types of dobies, if you want one with bulk, find one from the warlock strain. My dobie was very dantie, very muscular, but not a monster. she only weighed 65 lbs. now my mother dobie was warlock, and was 95 lbs, and had a bigger chest then most males. how old is this dog. dont try and make it grow up too fast, you will damage it's bones, by making it grow to quickly. just like danes, the bigger the dog, the longer they need to grow and mature. I love this breed, and could not stand to see one hurt. mine died of old age, sleeping on my couch. she was our baby.