Dog development.

pwnag3!!

i did, if you would have read my post i was thinking about competing him in schutzhund competition.
wow a bunch of useless comments from people who have no idea whats going on and just skim the thread.

flux

I did read all of your post and you didn’t provide a valid reason. Schutzhund has three aspects to it. Tracking, obedience, and protection. None of these require a bulked up dog. Not even protection. They don’t want to see what dog can put the most hurt on they want to see what dog will protect its owner and stop the second the command is given and then not show aggression. Explain why a bulked up dog is needed for any of this.

pwnag3!!

so i guess the cliumbing of the obstacles doesnt take muscles? plus having a faster dog in competition is always better.

jmick

I grew up with Irish Wolfhounds and Mastiffs and now we have a lovely mastiff (great with our little one). We have always had dogs on the larger side and we made sure our dogs always had great nutrition and exercise and didn’t push them when they were young—it will do long term damage to joints and bones.

flux

Seems like a short cut to me. Why run the dog through an obsticle course 10 times a day 5 days a week and build him up to a good point when you can slap 20lbs of weight on him and run him through the same course 4 or 5 times. I would think this would put stress on the dogs hips and joints causing health problems in the long run.

diane4

pwnag3!! I am not sure what you are trying to achieve on this thread or forum. I can't say for sure your intentions because when people write words it may come across differently if the person were speaking in person. However, I truly sense some very nutty concepts coming from you regarding dogs. It is obvious to me that most of the people that read your thread here share the concern about your need to "bulk" up a dog by having it drag cemment blocks.
Do you put cement blocks on the back of your dogs now? When was the last time you did that to yourself. Are you bulked up?
Do you have fish or aquariums, particularly salt water fish or inverts. I have yet to see you offer a comment, thread or post that is meaningfull where you have advice to offer someone else, a specific question about SW fish or verts. Yes, there is an off topic category, but I feel very badly for the dogs you keep if you a trying to turn every dog you own into superman. And if you ar working on your dogs bulk for pit fighting, I strongly suggest that you turn in your dogs to a loving home and leave this forum.
Because, only animal lovers reside at this forum. What else have you posted that is usefull? Or what question have you asked that pertained to an interested well being of animals nutrition, envrionment quality, socialness - etc.
You are really irratating me. And very few people annoy me. I really wish the mods would delete this thread. I also think everyone should stop reply to this nutcase. I will reply no more. The next step is I will go to the mods.

lovethesea

since when did you get a springer spainel?

Whats more irritating is when folks don't read ALL the posts....they just jump in.............

gamedawg

Protection may involve speed, and shutz. may have obstacles, but a huge bulked up dog is not going to excel at either. Why do you think they don't use Mastiffs for either competitions?....... (I am not saying anything bad about mastiffs, btw)
Why do you think Greyhounds look the way they do? And take a look at how shutz. dogs are built...
The ONLY reason anyone would want a bulked up dog is for image. Like I said before, image is NOT a reason to have a dog. There is no other reason you would need a bulked up dog, except MAYBE for weight-pull competitions, and a Dobie is not going to excel at that, dogs like American Bulldogs, Pit Bulls, etc will.

socal57che

many years ago, in a city far far away, I knew a guy whose roommate had 2 pit bull terriers. a male and a female. after being forced to get rid of the male by his landlord (for eating an ******** door) he began trying to "bulk up" his female. He fed her 1 lb. bacon each morning, put protein shakes in hamburger and got occasional steaks for her along with weight training. It became sort of a sick obsession and within a few weeks he had her on his roid cycle. the dog showed signs of serious aggression within months. testosterone naturally increases with muscle training and you should consider this when the dog is eventually introduced to your new child if you don't already have one. I'm sure you won't go that insane...I just wanted to share a story about the guy who wanted his dog to be a little bigger. after I moved away my friend told me the dog was put down after it's second attack.
I wish you the best of luck with your really cool dog.
ps...I was in La Jolla last week and got some really cool pics of the harbor seals. If I wrangle one and bring it home do you think he will wreck my reef? I think a small one will fit in my tank if I move the rock and bungee the lids down. They kinda look like dogs when they swim with their heads out of the water. :notsure: