dosing calcium. never done it, just want to make sure im doing it correctly.

kilofey

Your Calcium level is OK but your Alkalinity is low.  See if you can bump it up closer to 12.  Alkalinity is more important than Calcium for coral growth.  Double check the ALK level again before dosing just to be sure.  It's not something you want to overdose.
Baking soda will work.  Try adding a teaspoonful to every gallon of topoff water and see if that will give a slow rise.  If not bump it to 2 tsp/gallon.
OK, since I'm new to dosing, if I fiddle with the alk, will it affect something else in the tank? What should I be aware of? I've always run my tank with reef crystals and live rock and that's pretty much it. I have a reef octopus protein skimmer for about 2 years now and can't for the life of me get it tuned, even with itty bitty adjustments. Any thoughts on that? I do however only have 5 clown sized fish in a 75 gal, maybe theres just not much to remove?
Oh, and about my monti cap slow growth, to clarify, I bought it about a year ago when it was the size of my palm and its now only the size of my hand, fingers included. Is that considered slow growth?