Droid Users?

stdreb27

I have no clue, but I think that is going to be droid's flaw. I like apple's model of one phone, body, and we'll make software updates. Not 5-6 different models of phone all out at once. Where you have to pick and choose.

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///forum/thread/380539/droid-users#post_3312239
I have no clue, but I think that is going to be droid's flaw. I like apple's model of one phone, body, and we'll make software updates. Not 5-6 different models of phone all out at once. Where you have to pick and choose.
Thats actually one of the things that I dont like about Apple, aside from them being the DEVIL! Also absolutely HATE the fact that you can't change the battery yourself.

Ended up going with the Droid X. Ordered it today and should get it tomorrow or Monday. Its a little on the large side, but with its 4.3 inch screen the touchscreen keyboard is nice and roomy. Its also comes with more built in memory than any of the other Android phones out there.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///forum/thread/380539/droid-users#post_3312272
Thats actually one of the things that I dont like about Apple, aside from them being the DEVIL! Also absolutely HATE the fact that you can't change the battery yourself.

Ended up going with the Droid X. Ordered it today and should get it tomorrow or Monday. Its a little on the large side, but with its 4.3 inch screen the touchscreen keyboard is nice and roomy. Its also comes with more built in memory than any of the other Android phones out there.
I'm just talking about from a marketing point of view. One phone is a whole lot easier to market than an OS on 6 different phones.
Cuts down on the overall cost of the phone too. One phone is designed, and marketed. I think this is part of the reason why the inferior phone, is king of the smart phones. That and they do a GREAT job with styling (even if I don't like the look), touch screen, and software delivery.

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///forum/thread/380539/droid-users#post_3312281
I'm just talking about from a marketing point of view. One phone is a whole lot easier to market than an OS on 6 different phones.
Cuts down on the overall cost of the phone too. One phone is designed, and marketed. I think this is part of the reason why the inferior phone, is king of the smart phones. That and they do a GREAT job with styling (even if I don't like the look), touch screen, and software delivery.

I agree with you from a marketing point of view, but with an open source backbone like Android the manufacturers have the freedom to design different features into their phones to appeal to different audiences. For example, the Droid 2 still has a physical keyboard if thats your thing, while the others dont. Again, its your choice. Also, all of the Android phones support Flash, which iPhone doesnt. There are still an awful lot of websites out there that use Flash. Granted, I've never done more than briefly play with in iPhone, but I can see that getting annoying. The main thing that iPhone had going for it was Apps, but Android is quickly catching up. Just saw an article written in August that says that Apple has about 250,000 apps available, but you have to pay for about 70% of them. Android only has about 95,000 apps available, but about 65% of them are free. That makes about 75,000 free apps on Apple and about 62,000 free ones on Android. I think that this is going to continue to swing in Androids favor over time as they are open source and dont put the restrictions on App development and approval that Apple does.

stdreb27

let me know how you like it. I'm not going to renew my contract with AT&T. And who are you using for a carrier? Verizon/?

btldreef

I absolutly love my Droid Incredible. I'm using it right now to type this.
My husband has the X as do two of my friends and all three are constantly on the phone complaining to Verizon about something not working properly on their phone. HTC just makes a better cell phone and their touch screen technology is light years ahead of Motorolla's.

sparty059

Switch to Sprint and get the HTC EVO. I would say the BEST Android phone out there! I have it and I actually have convinced my whole family to switch over to this phone as well as a few other friends. People use it in awe!

btldreef

I wish I could go to Spring, but Sprint's coverage around here isn't that great. That might be the OP's issue as well since he only likes 10 minutes away from you. On LI, almost everyone has Verizon because nothing else works as well. If you don't have Verizon, you spend half your life screaming at AT&T on the phone about dropped calls. Verizon has us captive, LOL

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/380539/droid-users#post_3312558
I absolutly love my Droid Incredible. I'm using it right now to type this.
My husband has the X as do two of my friends and all three are constantly on the phone complaining to Verizon about something not working properly on their phone. HTC just makes a better cell phone and their touch screen technology is light years ahead of Motorolla's.
I've actually read many reviews that say the Incredible had some major problems with the screen. Maybe just a bad batch or something.

Droid is awesome, but I am not 100% sold on the X so far. For one thing, it is freakishly huge, at a little larger than the iPhone. I am just not used to carrying around something that big. I like to carry on my belt and you just cant with this one. Havent had any problems with it at all yet, but the battery life is not that great. That may be just cause I have been using it almost constantly since I got it though. I'm gonna give it a few more days, but I think I am going to end up swapping it for the Droid 2.

Like BTLDreef said, around here, Verizon is where its at. She lives about 20 minutes from me... No other service is as good around here.

dragonzim

A little update...
I've had the Droid X for almost a month now and am definitely keeping it. I've gotten used to its size and found a really nice hard case belt holster combo for it that works out great. Havent had any problems at all with the phone and everything that I've tried doing on it so far has worked out great.

sweatervest13

I have an older Android phone (samsung Moment) and at first I did not like it, but once I got the update it works great. I love the android market. You can get lots of apps to help fine tune your phone. The battery life does suck, but they make an app for that, just get the app killer and use the widget to perserve the battery life. the Gen 2 phones that are coming out are crazy. that Evo is the sickest phone I have ever seen, for crying out loud it has a HDMI out on it!!! Just my thoughts.

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///forum/thread/380539/droid-users#post_3319398
I have an older Android phone (samsung Moment) and at first I did not like it, but once I got the update it works great. I love the android market. You can get lots of apps to help fine tune your phone. The battery life does suck, but they make an app for that, just get the app killer and use the widget to perserve the battery life. the Gen 2 phones that are coming out are crazy. that Evo is the sickest phone I have ever seen, for crying out loud it has a HDMI out on it!!! Just my thoughts.
My Droid X has HDMI out as well. Shoots video in 720p and has an 8mp still camera.

spanko

Droid users that get email a question for you. With my Blackberry when I delete the email it give me the option of deleting it from my phone and another option to delete it from the phone and the server. My daughters Droid only deletes from the phone. She is a nursing student and gets a good amount of emails and hates the fact that she has to delete them again from her computer. Anyone else run into the problem? She has Verizon.

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/380539/droid-users#post_3319478
Droid users that get email a question for you. With my Blackberry when I delete the email it give me the option of deleting it from my phone and another option to delete it from the phone and the server. My daughters Droid only deletes from the phone. She is a nursing student and gets a good amount of emails and hates the fact that she has to delete them again from her computer. Anyone else run into the problem? She has Verizon.
What is she using for her email? Gmail or something else?

spanko

Well she has a Comcast email addy. But I don't think the problem is there, I believe when viewing email on the Droid, when she is done and wants to delete it, she can only delete it from the phone. There is no option to delete it from the server too.

spanko

My real question here is when you delete email from the Droid why doesn't it ask "Delete from phone" or "Delete from phone and server" as options?