Dwarf Angel Aggression towards Naso Tang

RayRay3323

I just introduced (a few days ago) a 3in Naso Tang into my 125g aquarium. My half black angel (about 3in) is being very aggressive towards it. (Fin nipping and chasing). Could it be that they are very similar in colors and the Angel is just pissed about it? or could it just be a new fish thing. Usually I would avoid a similar color fish to my angels but this naso tang was given to me by a friend with too small of a tank so I gladly accepted it. Both fish are eating fine (both mysis and nori). Any suggestions on how to either stop it or what may be causing it.

RayRay3323

Ill have to give that a try. I thought about doing that. The only reason i didnt was because i liked how the rock was set up.

jay0705

You could add a few new peices then. The naso will get huge compared to the angle. So its just a matter of time. My angle is fully grown and my naso dwarfs it lol

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It may come down to removing the angel for a few weeks to isolation tank if rock work doesn't resolve the issue. While isolated, he may realize once he's back that he's no long top fins in the aquaria. If not, you'll have to choose between one or the other fish.