Dwarf Angel poll!!!!

phxfishguy

I have been debating about this very issue and everyone has helped me out here. I have a 150 reef and want both. I heard you should add them last. Is that true?

lesleybird

In a tank your size you can get both about the same size and put them in together and you should not have much problem with them getting along. Lesley

chris2010

Originally Posted by PHXFishGuy
http:///forum/post/2537327
I have been debating about this very issue and everyone has helped me out here. I have a 150 reef and want both. I heard you should add them last. Is that true?
I hear the same thing; however, people also say you can add them for your second third fish. Tomorrow im doing this and will tell you how they are doing. Back in a few days on this reply. By the way the tank has been cycled and has been up and running for around 3 months.

chris2010

Originally Posted by Lesleybird
http:///forum/post/2537856
In a tank your size you can get both about the same size and put them in together and you should not have much problem with them getting along. Lesley
Thanks thats what im going to do.

ecooper

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
http:///forum/post/2531541
I got a coral beauty, have had no problems with it, never picked on any corals or fish, and it is a very colorful active fish.
I've had my coral beauty for 1.5 years. He/she is great. Beautiful and doesn't have a problem with other fish or coral. I think it depends on the individual fish.

srgvigil

I have a flame angel. At the begining he asserted himself in the dominant role. Nothing bad really he would just chase the other fish around. Now though everything has settled and everyone is cool is everyone (xcept my goby the flame angel doesnt mind him but the goby dislikes the angel. The goby will puff up when angel swims by his cave (protecting his pistol shrimp) and the flame angel just swims sideways and forces goby back into the cave. Its really funny to watch.

chris2010

LOL i bet it is funny

I love those moments where one fish thinks he is big and bad then gets shoved back into a corner.
Anyways, Its been about two weeks and they sometimes swim side by side or tip to tail. I think there best friends.

forddna

Are you open to other reef safe angels? If so, check out the Bellus Angelfish and those from that same genus (Genicanthus). Another common name to search is the Swallowtail. The rest escape me at the moment.
As for the Flame or Coral Beauty, it's a toss up for me!

chris2010

No im stocked angel fish forddna and for azul1994 they are shy for pictures. I probably wont get good pics of them until they have more fish to swim by. Once more fish go in the tank, the angels wont be so shy and will, im guessing, will come out more often. Im guessing in about a week, there will be a few more fish in the tank.

forddna

Someone on here or another board one time was trying to find info on a Flame Beauty Angel. The best guess that was found was that it was a Flame Angel and Coral Beauty hybrid. (if that's possible - I don't know) The person had either bought the fish at an LFS or was looking at it online because they had a picture of it. It was gorgeous! Maybe look into that?

chris2010

If thats true than it would be awsome to get a flame angel coral beauty hybrid. It would the perfect fish for any tank, but especially a smaller tank like a 29,37, 46 gallon.