ebay gone ?

deejeff442

whats with ebay i hardly ever see anything to bid on its all buy it now or offer?looks like craigslist is kicking their butts.

mantisman51

Apples and oranges. Craigslist is nothing more than classified ads like an online newspaper. (eBay bidding) It's inline with the trend many sellers going to a high reserve price. I bought about $18000 worth of goods on eBay from 2008-2010, but it's so hard to find a good deal anymore that I have spent about $500 this year. Why shop online if you're not getting a bargain? Seems most sellers have forgotten that.

deejeff442

no doubt.its just like you said the reserves are too high or i just see buy it now crap.seems clist is the way to go now.

tangs rule

IT's the damn fees on ebay - they have gotten out of control....I just sold about 1k worth of crap on the bay and I was SHOCKED that it cost me close to 100 bucks in fees to do it. I was amazed at looking at their current fee sctucture breakdown - they charge you for farting while creating the listing now......I called ebay to complain, but got the standard overseas customer service rep (in india) and spent 20 minutes explaining my complaining.....I'm done selling on ebay.....as a buyer - you don;t see all the fee structures, but as a seller - they have gone crazy...
my.01

mantisman51

It's really not a good site for sellers or buyers. The biggest reason I quit buying much is because I got several items that were defective (I buy mostly tools and tech stuff) and was told by the sellers and eBay that I could get a refund, less shipping after sending the items back. Why should I buy something that has a high chance of being defective if I am going to get stuck with shipping costs for an item the seller knew was bad? I think some buyers are too picky and want to return stuff for trivial reasons, I'm not that kind of buyer and never have been.

imurnamine

I can honestly say that I haven't so much as looked on eBay for at least a year... The fees as a seller are astronomical & it's just a bit more difficult to find what you're looking for... at least that's how it seems for me.
I use Amazon like whoa, though.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImUrNamine http:///forum/thread/387196/ebay-gone#post_3404923
I can honestly say that I haven't so much as looked on eBay for at least a year... The fees as a seller are astronomical & it's just a bit more difficult to find what you're looking for... at least that's how it seems for me.
I use Amazon like whoa, though.
Me too....I'm a BIG Amazon shopper...LOL...and if you have an Amazon CC...you get points that equal money

deejeff442

never been to amazon.dont they sell books? i guess they sell more now.i went to overstock.com but have yet to find anything i was looking for.
i did notice there are alot less items for sale/auction on ebay.guess the greed caught up to them

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImUrNamine http:///forum/thread/387196/ebay-gone#post_3404945
Oh gosh... Keep me AWAY from an Amazon CC... I will go CRAZY.
& deejeff442, they sell EVERYTHING. Forreal! You should check it out sometime!
LOl...I only charge on my Amazon card what I know I can pay the same month.....it is worth it cause the rewards are the same as money

imurnamine

I question whether or not I'd have that kind of responsibility. Oh wait, actually, on second thought... I KNOW I don't. XD

reefraff

We spend Thousands on Amazon. If you have a prime membership you get free 2 day shipping on a lot of stuff and a ton of free movies you can stream. I've know too many people who ended up with a bad deal from Ebay to even try it.

meowzer

I have bought from E-bay in the past...it's just been a while since I have found the same or better deals at Amazon....PLUS Amazon gaurantees everything....

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/387196/ebay-gone#post_3404935
never been to amazon.dont they sell books? i guess they sell more now.i went to overstock.com but have yet to find anything i was looking for.
i did notice there are alot less items for sale/auction on ebay.guess the greed caught up to them
Dude, I've purchased, Weber grills on amazon! Free Shipping and 300 dollars less than in a store. NIB, full manufacturer's warrentee plus no tax. Kayaks, fishing tackle, tools, it is a rare rare day, that I can't find something on Amazon cheaper than anywhere else. Or quite frankly anything I can imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/thread/387196/ebay-gone#post_3405012
We spend Thousands on Amazon. If you have a prime membership you get free 2 day shipping on a lot of stuff and a ton of free movies you can stream. I've know too many people who ended up with a bad deal from Ebay to even try it.
yep...

deejeff442

well checked it out.i punched in the octo external skimmer i plan to get and yep its there.thanks for the info.we are starting to build our home in a few weeks and once my wife gets on there i am sure we will be buying a bunch of things.

S

siptang

Remember Jeff, I want pictures!! lol
yea, I'm little late on things right now but amazon does sell everything.
Ebay is getting out of control. Unless I'm looking for some cheap screen protectors or cases, I'm not going to them..