Electricity shure isnt fun

blackjacktang

so i decided im going to keep my 28g tank up and try my best to get it going again. It had an electrical current going through it and it wasnt fun figuring out where it was coming from. I had to unplug everything and plug in 1 thing at a time, touch the water and see if i get shocked or not. I found out it was coming from a 10 year old pump for my Remora C protien skimmer. So i took it out and ordered a new one and got $4 overnight shipping and it should be here tuesday.
This wasnt the first problem i have had with this pump. Last year the magnet on the impeller fractured and it stopped the pump and i fixed it with reef epoxy.
I decided the pump was getting old and it was time for a new one.
I will also be selling my 150w sunpod MH system on ebay to make more money to upgrade other systems on the tank

blackjacktang

Also the fracturing magnet may have been the culprit to my 24g aquapod (Profile Pic) crashing.That or a heater malfuction.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjacktang http:///forum/thread/382866/electricity-shure-isnt-fun#post_3344162
so i decided im going to keep my 28g tank up and try my best to get it going again. It had an electrical current going through it and it wasnt fun figuring out where it was coming from. I had to unplug everything and plug in 1 thing at a time, touch the water and see if i get shocked or not. I found out it was coming from a 10 year old pump for my Remora C protien skimmer. So i took it out and ordered a new one and got $4 overnight shipping and it should be here tuesday.
This wasnt the first problem i have had with this pump. Last year the magnet on the impeller fractured and it stopped the pump and i fixed it with reef epoxy.
I will also be selling my 150w sunpop MH system on ebay to make more money to upgrade other systems on the tank

I'm glad you are alright, sticking your hand in water to find out what socks you isn't the smartest thing to do.

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjacktang http:///forum/thread/382866/electricity-shure-isnt-fun#post_3344162

I will also be selling my 150w sunpod MH system on ebay to make more money to upgrade other systems on the tank
Agree glad your still here, but that is never a smart idea.....