Emerald Crab and Star Fish

hmcklveen

My friends tank was crashing so i took her sandsifting starfish because that was all that was alive. I did think that was wierd because they don't do well with change. He went through my QT and he is doing good. I gave him supplemental food of different kind since i don't have sand in my tank. Now my question is I'm thinking about getting emerald crabs and someone told me that they will eat/pick at the starfish. Does anyone have any previous expierence with keeping the two together? Thanks!

meowzer

My emerald crab stayed in the rocks mostly while the star stayed in the sand...never saw them bother with each other....

shaunalynna

My LFS keeps there hermits, crabs and stars all together in big tanks. Anything of that nature in inverts they keep together. So I am saying my emeralds were together with stars when I bought them. I bought two and a serpent star the same day. My star was eaten though by someone in my tank later down the road and all I could think was it was my crabs. I guess I would say just keep an eye on them together to be safe!

ophiura

what are you spot feeding this star, and are you sure it is eating it? The standard sand sifter star does not generally take to spot feeding.