Emergancy

clown-lover

i just got home to find my YT stuck to the side of one of my powerhead intake's.
i pulled him off and he's still swimming but he has blood on him and his top fins were being eaten by my shrimp.
he's still eating well and swimming, he looks terrible but
i don't know what to do with him....please help me...what should i do

bot587

set up a 10 gallon quarantine tank to ensure that he does not get attacked by other fish. Use water from your display tank in the quarantie. It must be filtered and the whole 9 yards, if he is stressed you dont want him to get anymore stressed.

sailfin

If a yellow tang gets stuck to a powerhead it is more than likely sick. I would defininetly quarintine him if you can.
:)

clown-lover

i know i'll be shunned for this but i have no other tank.
i only have a clownfish in with him and he's much smaller.
PS i know he's a fighter...he's had ich twice...pulled through, and he had a pinched stomach when i bought him...he pulled through that too
is there anything that i can put in the tank as a protector....like how FW tanks have that slime coat stuff???

clown-lover

i really hate for him to suffer....and then for me to find him dead in the morning....
i heard that if you put a fish in the freezer, it puts them to sleep and they won't die in pain....is this true?
i just hate to see him like this

bot587

let him give it a try at life. He may be able to pull through, and no you cant treat tank with any medication due to your inverts.

birdy

Just give him some time, if he is swimming fine and not acting bad then give him time to recover.

clown-lover

thank you very much, i didn't realize how attached to him i am until i saw him swim away when i turned the powerhead off....:(
should i turn the lights out for the night?

clown-lover

just thought i would give and update
my yt was doing fine for about two or three hours after i turned the lights off. then i noticed that he slowed his swimming and my crabs started in on him. before they could touch him, i took him out and put him in a large bucket with an airtube. (i don't want to have another powerhead acident.)
He's doing ok right now but to be honest, i don't think he'll make it passed tomorrow.
:nope:
i hope he will though

toughguy80

If at all possible just run to your LFS real quick and buy a 10G. They only cost about $10. Throw him in there with the air pump and give him a few days. This way you'll also have the 10G for future uses, G/L!

ukcats

That fish really looks terrible. I think he has other issues than the powerhead injury. Just my opinion. Has he been eating veggies and lots of them? Looks kinda thin and maybe malnourished. Again, just my opinion. Good luck!

clown-lover

well he made it to the wee hours in the morning...but he didn't last too long after that.
and yes, he had his fav everyday...seweed soaked in garlic...two different kinds. so he was fed well and he ate well too....even in the end.
he was so skinny because he had a pinched stomach. he was like that when i bought him and they told me he wouldn't make it a week. well they were wrong, he made it about a year, or a little over. He was prone to sickness though, any little change that stressed him out would cause him to get ick. but he was a fighter and always beat it.
RIP little guy

reefer44

i wouldn't put any other fish in that tank and maybe take the clown out........if your fish has gotten ich there is something wrong in your tank...but getting it two times...something is wrong that you are doing...how long has your tank been set-up and do you have lr...or is it just a fish only.........also what are your water perimeters
Brad

kl8n

Originally posted by reefer44
i wouldn't put any other fish in that tank and maybe take the clown out........if your fish has gotten ich there is something wrong in your tank...but getting it two times...something is wrong that you are doing...how long has your tank been set-up and do you have lr...or is it just a fish only.........also what are your water perimeters
Brad

The water perimeters would be the tank itself?
:hilarious
Sorry, had to do it.