Estimate on selloff of 2 240gal setups

robn

I've got a couple of 240 gallon tanks that I am contemplating selling to finance one bigger tank, probably a 72"X72"X30" cube or something.....anyway, She Who Must Be Obeyed has given her blessing to this only on the condition that my selloff will pay for the tank.....I'll probably be building my own stand and canopy. I'm trying to mentally sell off to see if I have the funds.....what I DON'T want to have happen is to sell them off but come up short on cash and have to wait 6 months to buy the new tank.....I'm keeping the sand,LR, and skimmer out of one of the tanks and the sand, pumps from the other, plus most of the inhabitants of both tanks, so I will be keeping up with all that in the interim. I'd like to list off the items and maybe some of you can tell me what I could expect to get for them.
1) 240 gallon glass tank, 96 X 24 X 24, 2 overflows (1 in each corner), black background
2) Oak Stand, probably 28" tall, 4 doors
3) Oak Canopy
4) Lights - reflectors, 4 X 110W VHO powered by IceCap 660, 4 250W MH XM 14K's powered by 2 PFO ballasts, 8 moonlights
5) Pumps - 3 Tunze Streams (1 with Magnet holder) on Tunze Wavemaker controller and light sensor. 4 Hagen 802's on a Red Sea Wavemaker.
6) 75 gallon sump with refugium area
7) 2 Mag 12.5 return pumps
I'm keeping the skimmer, sand, and LR on this tank
8) 240 gallon acrylic Tenecor with Simplicity Plus system, tons of bioballs, drilled with Oceanic overflows (2) and 1 return, black background
9) Tenecor stand, probably 28" tall, 4 doors
10) Tenecor split canopy
11) Lights - reflectors, 4 X 95W VHO powered by IceCap 660, 8 moonlights with dimmer
12) Oceanic Model 3 sump, plumbing kit, 57gal
13) Quiet One 4000 return pump
14) 2 Fluval 404 canister filters
15) Tunze 9010 skimmer, outlet hose kit, foam extraction unit
16) Approximately 320 lbs LR (180 Fiji, 90 Tonga, 50 Vanuatu)
I'm keeping the sand and Tunze pumps on this tank
If anyone could give me a rough estimate I'd appreciate it....thanks!

babyb

ive seen in the big auction sites 300 gal sell $600-$1000 but since you are keeping the sand rock inhabitence and whatever else i would go under $1000
i am looking at bigger tanks and if you get a price, i will conciter it but i will have to talkk it over with the famly
just get back to me mizrodeo@aol.com

sunysideup

Hello. I am really intrested in this 240 gallon. Is it an all glass aquarium? Let me know what you are selling it for. I'll buy it for $550.

robn

BabyB,
I'm 124 miles from Wichita Falls, TX and 244 miles from OKC.
Funny you should ask....I'll be driving to Oklahoma tomorrow.....heading to Tahlequah.....

robn

I paid about $900 for just the tank with the 2 corner overflows...I'd like to get $500 for the tank.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by Catawaba
Still have the Tunze magnet for sale?

Not trying to be rude but...
WHY, WHY, WHY do you insist on ALWAYS bringing up old threads? 90% of the time, when there's an old thread brought back to the surface...some as old as 2+ years...you're the culprit.
The thread starter has less than 30 posts and he hasnt posted here in almost 6 months!!
Please, for the love of almighty Jesus, stop!

robn

I ordered my 480gal tank in mid-December, should be here in mid/late February. I sold my 240 acrylic this weekend to a friend of mine here locally. I'm going to break down the 240 glass tank in the next week or so. I will probably take the tank to my LFS on consignment. I'll be keeping all the pumps from it and maybe the MH also. I will be selling the Euroreef CS8-2 skimmer for sure. I haven't decided yet about the lights....I may move the lights to the new tank or I may go with T5's on the new one.....I will let you know in the next few days....thanks

robn

I'd take $325 for it. It's about 2 years old, works great...just too small for a 480
It won't be ready for a week or so though.....it's too big to take out of the sump/stand without taking the tank down first