Euro-Reef™ RC180 (Recirculating) Protein Skimmer ?

johnic

Anyone have the Euro-Reef™ RC180 (Recirculating) Protein Skimmer, and if so how do you like it, I just ordered one. I currently have the EV 180 and am OK with the results. In one week I get about and 1/8" of skimmer, not enough for a Fo tank with aggressive eaters. I also have a Cyno problem (Red SLime) which I think is a result of no waste getting picked up by the skimmer.

mavgi

Originally Posted by Johnic
Anyone have the Euro-Reef™ RC180 (Recirculating) Protein Skimmer, and if so how do you like it, I just ordered one. I currently have the EV 180 and am OK with the results. In one week I get about and 1/8" of skimmer, not enough for a Fo tank with aggressive eaters. I also have a Cyno problem (Red SLime) which I think is a result of no waste getting picked up by the skimmer.

you do the right things the 2 skimmer will work very good i know a lot of ppl that runing with 2 skimmer . euro reef and aqua ev are great skimmer. i have the cs8-3 and it's a monster.

chipmaker

Not trying to stir up anyhting but did any of y'all read that post on the -- forum pertaining to the folks having problems with the ER line of skimmers and just trying to get a simple part. Its an eye opener for sure, and makes one wonder......matters not if its a warranty issue or pay up front for parts issue.

mavgi

Originally Posted by Johnic
I keep my salt levels at 1.17, will this hamper the performance of the skimmer.
you need to get high your salt level Lower than normal salinities will cause stress to the animals and are likely to result in reduced lifespan,also be a problem as the organism will have to work harder to maintain the correct concentrations.
about the skimmer it will work better with normal salinity, you can make a simple test when you get the skimmer try to skim with pure water without salt and you will see that the skimmer not skim.
about what chipmaker said: i think that with skimmer it's a maintenance and luck to this unit work all the time and alwayes there is maintenance that we need to care (even you buy a new car that cost a lot then skimmer there is wastage)and if you read in the -- so you find out a lot prblem to on the other good brand like :aqua ev , mrc ....
the bottom line it's a good skimmer and it will work

murray bmf

I have the "cheaper RS-80" skimmer and I swear by Euro-reef. I've never had a problem getting any parts, mainly because the skimmer is very reliable and I have not had to replace anything. Maybe I'm just lucky. Anyway, I think there are good skimmers!

fuppets

I am interested to see which skimmer you like better. The EuroReef or the AquaC. I had a hard time deciding which one I was going to buy. I just finished hooking up a EV180 less than 10 minutes ago. Vast improvment from the Berlin I was using.

johnic

Originally Posted by psbrent2
Johnic...
How do you like the RC180?
I like alot..however the ev180 worked very well also..