eye it buy it

rdmoore2

I have been feeding my sun frozen mysis shrimp. I can only feed the bigger poylps with this stuff. Is there any good way to feed the much smaller ones on the bottom?
Also anyone know why my fish will not eat mysis? He would rather eat flakes than the shrimps.

mary

Thank you Magic, Yes it is, or was live. And the LFS personal did remind me to shake it at least once a week. Actually it took a lot if shaking to remove and mix the stubborn particles from the bottom
It was refrigerated. I appreciate your answering me, boosts my faith in the LFS's advice but still it should have lasted. Perhaps my mistake was buying a large one. Will only get the small. Wonder how long the fish store refrigerated it and how long. Wouldn't the "non-living" phyto be missing important nutrients? Have always wondered about that.

mary

That brain is beautiful. On the bottom it must not require much bright light? I want a modern so badly but worry about too much light.

jlm

I think it does like a good amount of like. I have dual 250w 10k ushio mh and dual 96w 03 pc's. So it gets a good amount even at the bottom. I think it was called a lobophilya.

kpk

nice additions jlm. good to see you adding to your collection. love the brain...

jlm

Hi kpk, Thanks. We are really enjoying this. My husband and I have decided to get a 180 gal. I can't wait. Of course at the same time I'm not looking foward to moving things. I'll post pic's when we finally get it done.

mary

It is Dt's, and in the beginning it smelled exactly as the ocean does when walking along the seashore. Now it does smell a little innocuous, as you described. That's ok then? Ned, our LFS person told me if it begins to smell, it has gone bad, so he may not be correct. Thanks