favorite ammusement park

wangotango

since this is the "off-topic" forum. some friends and i got into a debate about the best ammusement park. of course i would have to say CEDAR POINT
what do you think?

chipmaker

I have to go with Knoebels Grove in Elysburg, PA. Its been there forever, is 110% family oriented, has some fantastic rides, super nice swimming pools, picnic groves and alal sorts of entertainment. And the prices are not out of sight l like a lot of amusement parks are. Knoebels also keeps up to date on latest and greatest rides as well. Their carousel is one of the oldest in the USA and a real treat to ride.

speg

Sea World here in FL. I go to the sting ray area and pet them and feed them most of the time that im there :p

socal57che

I vote for the original because it's the best that I've been to, but I really haven't been to very many.
Disneyland.

cartman101

Originally Posted by ruaround
6 Flags Over Atlanta...or Silver Dollar City...
Sorry I gotta say silver dollar is boring.......BUT i do like going there for the homemade taffy
. My favorite park is Islands of Adventure at Universal.

clownfish0

Originally Posted by socal57che
I vote for the original because it's the best that I've been to, but I really haven't been to very many.
Disneyland.
i live like 15 minutes away from disneyland, universal and sea world.
I would have to pick seaworld since it has to do with stuff i like and it is kraken the biggest Florida Roller Coaster.

appaloosa1

I've only been to a few, but I vote Cedar Point. Went there a few times as a child. I hate roller coasters and they had other things to do there so that why it gets my vote.

crimzy

You can't deny seaworld, but is that really an amusement park? To be an amusement park, I think of big rides and roller coasters. IMO, seaworld is more of an exhibit.
Everyone should visit cedar point before voting for anything else. The biggest and fastest roller coasters, soak city, the best games. We can't all visit them all and generally probably know the closest one to us the best. But I find it hard to believe that any other amusement park could compare to cedar point.

mimzy

I haven't been to all that many... Dorney Park is dinky. Six Flags is AWESOME, but the safari depresses me. Like....seriously.
I did happen to go to Universal Studios and also to Islands of the Adventure for my high school graduation trip. Islands was AMAZING. PERIOD. Where else can you walk into the world of Dr. Seuss right after leaving the renaissance???
So....it'd have to be Islands of The Adventure

crimzy

The only problem with cedar point has nothing to do with the park itself. The fact is, aside from the park, there is no other reason to go to sandusky OH. At least disneyland has beautiful weather and the ocean.

alyssia

Originally Posted by crimzy
The only problem with cedar point has nothing to do with the park itself. The fact is, aside from the park, there is no other reason to go to sandusky OH. At least disneyland has beautiful weather and the ocean.

that's true.