favorite fish?

flamehawk

I always read different authors who seem to side with a favorite fish or family of fish. It's uaually based on some experienced fact like hardiness, abilty to reproduce in captivity, temperment etc. I'm curious as to how practical is this measurement. So I simply ask....What is you favorite Saltwater Fish and why?....

topfish

My favorite fish are triggerfish :D :D . Why? Because they are just like mini pet dogs. They grunt, you can train them to do stuff, and are so hardy it's almost impossible for them to die. But they are little aggressive tho.... :( But to be exact my favorite fish is the Queen triggerfish, I plan on adding a lil one in my new 220 gallon, when I get it. :)

mr.marine

my fav is my two perc. clowns. theyre soooooooo funny. one thinks hes my flame angel and follows the flame around and tries to act like him. he he ehe he he . hes cute!

flamehawk

Ok... it's real tough to narrow it down to one....so...1) powder blue tang 2)sohal 3) flame hawk. The PB and sohal are very majestic and visually appealing. The flamehawk is just down right amusing.
[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: flamehawk ]
[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: flamehawk ]

My fav fish is my Flame Hawk. He has a wonderful personality and he has to be center of attention all of the time! He is a cutie!!! :)
I would have to say my second fav fish (even though I don't have one YET...keyword is YET) is a porcupine puffer. They just seem like happy little fish! Everytime I go into my lfs the puffers in their seem to just sit and smile at the people that walk by, plus they seem to have a big personality! I can't wait to get one!!
Jessica :D

bentrue

right now i would have to say a percula clown. they have a great personality :D
when i get my larger tank, i plan to get a trigger though, then it might change

amphiprion

Absolutely, positively hands down, my favorite is the Sailfin Tang:

Than again, could also be my Maroon clown:

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: Amphiprion ]

aceiswild7

would have to be either a hawaiin dragon moray or a tessalata moray with a nice red sea rectangularis trigger in close third

bigdawg

Emperor Angelfish, it looks spectacular either as a juvenille or an adult. Coming in a close second is the Queen Angel.

twoods71

My red scooter bleeny is my favorite.
The way he glides around the rocks and substrate is awesome to watch.

flamehawk

Great reply's. Posting pictures of your favorites are also a great idea. I'll tally the results as soon as we get enough responses. So far the flame hawk and emperor angel have been mentioned most. Tangs are surprisingly not mentioned by anyone except me. Let's keep it going so we can get a good representation. Thanksw.

derrickt

I like fishes that have solid bright colors with fine borders meaning there is no blend or fades between the colors. For example: bi-color angel, emporer angel,regal tang, percula clowns, threadfin/copperband/long nose butterfly.
I don't prefer coral beauties/koran/sailfin because they have somewhat dull, dark colors with no fine borders among the colors.
Just my preference :) :p ;) :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:
[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: DerrickT ]

chopper320

My favorite fish that I own is definetly my porcupine puffer. He is the cutest fish and has the most personality I have ever seen.
My other favorite fish would have to be the blonde naso tang. I don't have a tank large enough to facilitate one but I think they are beautiful.

IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A QUEEN,CLOWN,UNDULATE TRIGGERFISHES WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE THE HARDIEST, AND HAWAIIAN AND ZEBRA MORAYS. THEY ARE THE BADDEST.