favorite quote thread

teen

for some reason, i like to read through quotes. they can be funny, motivating, whatever. id really like to make a book of my favorite collections, but for some reason, i never go through with it.
so heres one i like, to get things started. post yours and ill add some more soon.
"I do not intended to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death"

1journeyman

"In order for a war to be just, three things are necessary. First, the authority of the sovereign. Secondly, a just cause. Thirdly, a rightful intention."
Saint Thomas Aquinas

ruaround

"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical" - Yogi Berra
"Its like DeJaVu all over again" - Yogi Berra

shogun323

Marianne Williamson
" 'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

H

huskychasrs

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin.

luca brasi

'Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

happyvac

Originally Posted by shogun323
Marianne Williamson
" 'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Huh. I thought that was a Nelson Mandela quote. Maybe he was quoting.
"The thing we fear most in life is a centerless maze."

shogun323

Originally Posted by HappyVac
Huh. I thought that was a Nelson Mandela quote. Maybe he was quoting.
"The thing we fear most in life is a centerless maze."
It's funny, thats a common misconception. I think I heard it from the movie Coach Carter.

zman1

“If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.”
Red Adair

kidreef

i have some famous last word qoutes

1.My brakes are fine
2.Noo these windows are ok to lean on
3.It's a dud! It's a dud! It's a du...

letitgo

Here are a couple of sayings that seem to be true. I have no idea who to give credit to for coming up with them.
1. Most people like to sit in the shade but few like to rake leaves.
2. Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get if you don't.

reefforbrains

"Problem with being too open minded is that eventually your brain falls out."
"if a man is not a liberal at 20, then surley he is heartless. If he is still a liberal at 40 then surley he is an idiot"

yimmy

Here are some good ones
i dont remember who said them all....
"Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow there children to return home" Bill Cosby
"Theres to much blood in my alcohol system"
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice "Bill Cosby

ric maniac

ok, i love quotes! here are few of my favorites.
ive never had this day before
-me when i was 3
Thanks to years of deification through educational cartoons, mandatory social studies workbooks, profiles on small denomination currency, and other non very compelling public appearences, the founding fathers are widley regarded as duller than C-SPAN
-J.R norton.
I'd like to think that if George Washington's zombie came face to face with our current president, he'd say something like this: George W. Bush, you cowardly fece, you have thoroughly tarnished the liberty that the revolution wrought. i hereby challenge you to a deadly duel of chainsaws.
-J.R Norton

ifirefight

Always...no wait..never..NO..always take a litter bag in your truck....if it gets full,you can just toss it out the window. Steve Martin