fcatch76 member question for u...

nissan577

by the brightness! it not about the wattage anymore. but about the brightness i think
and you to! goodmorning!
congrats! on the purchase! you wont be disappointed!

au mister

I have the 4.36 upgrade kit for my 29g biocube and love it. I thought about MH but I didn't want the canopy off my tank b/c my bar goby likes to jump. I have a lot of corals in my tank but I do not have SPS. The upgrade kit is well worth the money and it is easy to install. I am running 2 10K and 2 actinic blues. Only downside is that the new fans it comes with are about twice as loud compared to the factory fans. I give the upgrade kit an A+

au mister

I know I have two tangs in there but I got them when they were tiny and If you can catch them without messing up my tank you can have them. LOL. Also my glass is very dirty but I wanted to take a picture with everything open, b/c when i clean my glass some of my polyps close up. Sorry its not very clear!!

nissan577

its ok! it looks amazing! but you better get the tangs out of there asap! we dont wanna start drama here!
it looks great though

AU MISTER.....can u post more pics of your coral of each please? also when u bought it did u buy the upgrade power pack
- AC Adapter: Variable 3-12v/1200mA AC Adapter
or the basic one they offer - AC Adapter: 12v/800mA AC Adapter
and did u notice the tank way brighter?? or around the same

au mister

Ive tried to catch the mimic but it would take me to pull all of my rocks out. I got the mimic from a friend that ordered it online but when he got it is was the size of a dime. He has a 180g FOWLR tank with an eel and shark and he didnt want to get it eaten so he gave it to me. Ive had him ever since. It was either me take the fish or it would die for sure in his tank.

AU MISTER.....can u post more pics of your coral of each please? also when u bought it did u buy the upgrade power pack
and did u notice the tank way brighter?? or around the same
the lighting i picked out was 2 50/50 im going to put one 5050 in the back slot and in the front slot... and keep my actinic 36watt and daylight 36watt in the middle stock lights... is that cool?
and r 5050 lights good? or its better to have 2 seperate bulbs 1 daylight 10,000k 36watt and one actinic 36watt

nissan577

well atleast you help! which is good! always thinking of the fish! but try to take him out before he gets stressed there

au mister

I got the basic 4.36 package. Ive had the package for a good while. I think like 4 months. Some of the pics are just under my 2 actinics. I like the glowing look.

au mister

Also about your lighting ?. It doesn't really matter as long as its balanced (white and blue lights) I just got the two separate so I could take pictures and look at my tank with just actinics on. If you got 50/50 you will not be able to do that. You have to cut off just your 10K and leave the blues on. but with the 50/50 you cant.

im leaving one actinic solid in there the stock one for my waking up and going to sleep
also was ur tank insanely brighter? or almost the same

au mister

To tell you the truth I really couldn't tell that much of a difference in brightness. The only difference was the fan noise. But with this upgrade you can do a lot of stuff. I think you will love it.

when u bought it did u buy the upgrade power pack

fcatch76

fish,
the 50/50 is still one 36 watt lamp, just runs 50 Act. 50 10k. My lighting schedule works w/ both act. on and the 10k + 50/50. I did this to get a more blue balance to my tank.

Originally Posted by fcatch76
http:///forum/post/2958118
fish,
the 50/50 is still one 36 watt lamp, just runs 50 Act. 50 10k. My lighting schedule works w/ both act. on and the 10k + 50/50. I did this to get a more blue balance to my tank.
hmmm so u have 2 actinic lighting each 36watt and 1 daylight and 1 50/50 but that means u have more act then daylight cuz u only have 1 daylight and half of another. but u have 2 full actinics and that half of actinic? am i right?
im planing to go 2 50/50 1 daylight 1 actinic is this good its even