Fed Ex brought my LR today

kdlbem

I got my first order of LR from SWF.com today, and it looks great! I ordered the 25-30lb. box. It got here exactly when it was supposed to, and it's pretty good sized pieces too, with lots of coraline(better than anything I've seen within a couple of hours drive from here). I will take pics tonight, and if you want to see them, I'll be happy to e-mail a couple. I WILL order this rock again. I think it was worth it.
Now, about this ammonia that suddenly popped up. It's .025, Trites 0, Trates almost 10 after putting the LR in, :( it smelled fine. Should I start the skimmer back up(it was off until the tank cleared from the LS that was put in 6 days ago), I also have a large whisper that has been helping to clear the tank, leave it running or ditch it? I'm also supposed to pick up my cleanup crew two hours away tomorrow, and I have to be up there anyway. Hate to make another trip.
Thanks,
B
[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: KDLBEM ]

bino_98

well i'm assuming that this is a new tank that just finished a cycle. if this is the case the nitrates are the end result of the cycle and water changes are the mostlikely remedy until your tank is fully matured. the rise in amonia is from your new live rock that is having some die off and may cause another cycle. so watch for that.
hope this helps
brian

nm reef

congrads on the new stuff...always wondered about our hosts lr.....hope it does well for ya.......

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Definately send me pics of the LR at my email address, or post them here for all of us to see.
Also, start the skimmer up and delay getting a cleanup crew til the ammonia drops, else you will loose the crew.

jwalters77

Congrats on your LR...I ordered the 50-55lb box from this site...It looks great but it caused my tank to recycle :eek: but other than that i am very happy with it as I am sure you will be...just keep an eye on the ammonia..mine spiked up to 4ppm!! I would love to see some pics of the rock you got...my email is soljermed@hotmail.com
good luck
Jake

kdlbem

Well, I can't seem to get a working link in here so I'll send the pics by e-mail to anyone who wants them....
Had LFS guy test the water, no ammo, it was a false reading (damn red sea kits!). I got my clean up crew and everyone is happy and working.
Bino_98:
The tank is not new it's been up and running since February, we just switched it over to LS.
Thanks everybody!
B
[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: KDLBEM ]
[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: KDLBEM ]

kdlbem

Let me know if you are getting the pics(I'm not very good at this computer stuff). They are on an AOL buddy album, The e-mail you get will come from aol. Going to see if I can get my computer genius friend over here to help get them into a post.
B
[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: KDLBEM ]

@knight

id like to see them also. might just post the pics in a reply and save you some trouble.
knight.aaron@home.com
[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: @knight ]

kdlbem

I tried to paste the pics in a reply, but can't for some reason. So anyone who didn't get them, just tell me, and I'll send them via AOL's photo site.
B

Can you send me pics of the lr also? I'm thinking about ordering from this site and didn't know if the pieces were in good shape or not. thanks. here's my e-mail address-
mourer_j18@hotmail.com