Feeding Blue Hippo Tang

drsteve2001

last week i added a Blue Hippo Tang, I went out and bought some sinking algae disc. It does not apper he is eating it..doesnt even pay attention or see it falling. Any suggestions on what I should feed it. It is my understanding it wont eat the mysis shrimp i feed other fish? Dont want to starve it

drsteve2001

It says on swf.com to feed pellet flake and greens...what type of greens? Does not show interest in the algae discs

tangs rule

Please try frozen foods - prepared types like emerlad entree, marine cusine, frozen mysis, (available at most petcos) and a good chinese market will have some sushi wraps (nori) in green [toasted] and pruple [dried] get some of all you can find - dried food is junk, and has very little nutritional value and those discs are total garbage. Frozen is the BEST while dried is "like a potato" chip. Also get a veggie clip for the nori (seaweed)

drsteve2001

How often should I give the nori? I currently have 2 clowns and the small tang In my 54 gallon tankand don't wanna over feed. I try and give them 1/2 cu e of the mysis or brine per day. How often should I put the seaweed in? How long should I leave it on the clip. So far he hasn't even noticed it on the clip. Should I put a full strip in folded over on itself?I also read somewhere to soak the seaweed in garlic?

meowzer

put a small square on the clip...once it gets use to it it will devour it...do this 3x a week for now...(until it scavenges it) and if it doesn't eat it all....take it out after a couple of hours