Feeding Question..

cmonti

Have a 30 Breeder with 4 fish. Feed frozen mysis cubes, prime reef cubes. that in tank water. My question is that the amount of food in a cube is way too much for a few fish each day. Does anyone keep thawed in fridge to use next day or always start fresh??

jerth6932

Cut them in half.... or 1/4ths. then keep them in the freezer. Nothing like the smell of thawed fish food every time you open the fridge.

cmonti

had a bag of 1/2 cubes in freezer that burned. dont think bag was sealed well. Have a fridge/freezer in garage where I keep food. So is it OK to feed a day later after cube was thawed or does it start to go bad..??

meowzer

was it left out...or was it in fridge? I'd say within 24/48 hours it should be ok.....I think it will smell if not

cmonti

always put it back in fridge. Ill try cutting in pieces again. will store better this time to avoid freezer burn. just wanted some reassurance that an occasional feeding of thawed that is 24 hrs was ok.. Thanks all for the continued help

btldreef

I use Tupperware containers with lids (to help with the smell) and have used thawed food for as long as 3 days (on rare cases 4). I like to mix a few cubes together for a variety of different foods, but feeding all the cubes at once would be too much.

reeferchief

I been there and decided to buy food that is more like the "sheet" style so you can always keep it frozen and just break off a little piece when you feed and let it thaw in tank water for about 5 min before feeding...