Feeding the long tentacle anemone

jeff10

I give it small piece of shrimp, does not seem to eat it. Should I get like Kent stuff like zooplex or try brine shrimp through a turkey baster? I think it has eaten some shrimp its gotten bigger and is still flourishing...I got it from ***** with a clownfish already hosting.
How many times do you feed your Anemone and do you use that zooplex and stuff like that? Again, its healthy, doing great I am always curious about people here and their thoughts

meowzer

I feed all my anemones (BTA, Condy, and mini anemones) small pieces of scallops...scallops are very soft. I feed the bta and condy a small piece every day (if they are open) I know a lot of people feed weekly, BUT instead of 1 large meal I just give them little ones
shrimp are hard....when I was using raw shrimp, I would tenderize it (mush it) so it would be softer
I do not, nor would I use that zooplex

btldreef

The clownfish may already be feeding it if the anemone is hosting it, so you should try to watch for that.
I just spray a little fish food in the direction of the anemones during normal feeding time and that seems to be fine for them.