few shots of my 44 corner(tall)

shrimpi

Originally Posted by b.miller123
What is in the center of the first pic?
I know that it's some type of anemone, but I can't seem to find it for sale on this site,
My roommate had one and I would like to get one after I get my tank going
thanks!
Nice tank, BTW!
Thats a tube anemone. Non photosynthetic... more like a coral than an anemone I guess but its pretty cool. I went to my LFs one day and he had like 20 of them in all diff colors he even had a black one! the all had bright centers like mine does. $29 and that sucker was mine!lol
Tank update: lost my fuzzy dwarf to a resident bacterial infection he had before I bought him. I have a new fuzzy dwarf now, just got him yesterday, hes a bit camera shy still.
Full tank shot Tomorrow! I promise. Ive been off school this week, and being a BUM.

shrimpi

My new fuzzy hiding out - he did eat though! always a good sign

(please pardon the hair algae- new Metal halides have caused this- and this is the only place its happening in the tank)

Fuzzy meets mr. mandarin.

brittle star came out last night- pic is with flash. Goniopora is all shrunken.

Heres some actinic FTS. Ill take a daylight pic tomorrow.

azfishgal

Love this coral and I was going to get it today, but was told to avoid it, as it's very hard to take care of. After getting home I looked it up in my book and sure enough, it said it's not suitable for most aquariums. So you will have to let me know how yours does. I think they are so beautiful, but I didn't want to get in over my head just yet, so I passed on it.

shrimpi

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
HOW IN THE WORLD do you keep your sand so clean?

You know what, I even think it looks pretty darn clean. I dont know if its the sand itself or...
My CRAZY sandsifter goby. He makes serious piles of sand ranging from 2" to 6-7" sometimes he moves all the sand in one spot so all you can see is the glass bottom of the tank.
I think the credit goes to the goby. When I bought him, the LFS owner told me 'this one is a good one' I was like ... YEAH ok! but now I know what he meant.

shrimpi

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Love this coral and I was going to get it today, but was told to avoid it, as it's very hard to take care of. After getting home I looked it up in my book and sure enough, it said it's not suitable for most aquariums. So you will have to let me know how yours does. I think they are so beautiful, but I didn't want to get in over my head just yet, so I passed on it.

I had debated about this coral for some time, but I dont know, I just bought it. And I had read alot about it being difficult. Ive only had it about a week. I am feeding it, and dripping Kalk nonstop. I am also curious to see how it does. If it starts to decline Ill take him back to the LFS owner - we are friends.
Im willing to give it a chance though considering that some people have great sucess with them.

royal gang

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
You know what, I even think it looks pretty darn clean. I dont know if its the sand itself or...
My CRAZY sandsifter goby. He makes serious piles of sand ranging from 2" to 6-7" sometimes he moves all the sand in one spot so all you can see is the glass bottom of the tank.
I think the credit goes to the goby. When I bought him, the LFS owner told me 'this one is a good one' I was like ... YEAH ok! but now I know what he meant.

Well why can't I keep one? They say there won't be enough food what's up with THAT!?!?!?
What species is it?

aanthony

wow that tanks a lot smaller than what i pictured it in my head, its because you zoomed in so well, that gargorian looked HUGE in the pictures, but i had to look real hard in that full tank shot to find it. its such a good looking tank though, my girlfriend has a hex tank, and ive always wanted to do it out. your really showing us how good it can look.
and btw i want that tube anemone, the only ones my lfs sells are black ones. we can trade if you want, haha

shrimpi

mine is called a orange spot diamond goby I believe.
I do see him eating mysis and occaisionally Ill throw a whole krill or prawn in the tank and he goes nutzo! He will bite it and rip it in half and then eat the other side. He is an animal! He eats anything I feed the other fish. I think if he was just surviving off the sand, he would be skinny cause theres not THAT MUCH stuff in the sand to eat, I dont think.
here he is on SWF.com
click here
Good Luck!
Jessica/Shrimpi

royal gang

mine is called a orange spot diamond goby I believe.
I do see him eating mysis and occaisionally Ill throw a whole krill or prawn in the tank and he goes nutzo! He will bite it and rip it in half and then eat the other side. He is an animal! He eats anything I feed the other fish. I think if he was just surviving off the sand, he would be skinny cause theres not THAT MUCH stuff in the sand to eat, I dont think.
here he is on SWF.com
click here
Good Luck!
Jessica/Shrimpi
THANKS

Hey nice tank
... I knew you were from Florida when I saw that orange gorgonian!!! I bet I know where you got it from too!
anyway I hope your goniopora stays healthy mine slowly died after 5 months... very difficult to keep alive hope it works out cause they aren't cheap!

shrimpi

Mach03InFront Hey nice tank ... I knew you were from Florida when I saw that orange gorgonian!!! I bet I know where you got it from too! anyway I hope your goniopora stays healthy mine slowly died after 5 months... very difficult to keep alive hope it works out cause they aren't cheap!
both the gorg and the goni came from crystal reef on northlake blvd.
j-j_02 is that a nudibranch that u have?
yes its a lettuce sea slug. Lettuce nudis are not 'technically' nudis, they are 'sea slugs'.

But yeah its a lettuce nudi

Shrimpi said:
haha i KNEW it! i like there store they are really nice people. where esle is there any good stores around here looking for something different ya know!

haha i KNEW it! i like there store they are really nice people. where esle is there any good stores around here looking for something different ya know!

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Mach03InFront
lol the owners there are maryann and larry they are hysterical- and usually overpriced too.

I also like coral sea in WPB on military south of okeechobee blvd. Owner there is Robert and he gets some nice colored corals in the back tanks. He has 4 corner tanks all fitted together to make one big circle, like a cylinder, but they are separate and thats where he keeps the good stuff.
I got my pink zoas from him (kinda different coloring and glow under actinics pic above) and also got my rics, leather, and tube anemone from him. He gives me discounts whenever I go.
Jess.