First SWT 29g biocube question

tampashane

Hey thanks nissan. I'm pretty happy with it. I get home from work and totally get lost in my tank for hours, such a stress reliever for me. Any suggestions for a new addition? I am done with fish just want a few more corals.

tampashane

Also I. Ment to ask will xenia grow on the sand bed? I moved mine there as an effort to slow the growth. I got the rock with 1 branch 3 weeks ago now there are 17.

nissan577

they will let go branches so they will spread around. so idk what to tell you

and just add some corals like zoas, rics etc...

tampashane

Ok so another question. I have a flame angel, maroon clown, signal goby, and a 6 line wrasse. I just discovered the tailspot blenny and want bad. Do you think that would overdo it or be ok?

tampashane

So question about cleaner shrimp. I noticed today mine shed his shell but the only way for me to get to it is by moving some rocks I really don't want to do. How bad would it be if I left it for my cuc? Will it raise the ammonia and start another cycle?

yellowmach

My CB shrimp and my blood shrimp both molt once every 2-3 weeks or so (they are both HUGE). I never take out the shells and it has never caused me any problems... My cuc usually has them ground down before lights come on the following day. Your tank looks beautiful btw! Very nicely done!

tampashane

Hey thanks yellowmach, I never did take it out. And thanks for the compliment I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to get next.

bellababy21

Enjoyed reading your diary, makes me want to start my first tank :p
Your tank is really beautiful & the rock work is quite unique :]
As for the next thing you can get, I thought you could maybe get something of an invert like a starfish or a crab of some sort.
The video of the clownfish was really cool too :]

ssg_mm

Wow! Tank looks great. I just picked up a 29g BioCube and picked up a lot of good tips from your diary.
Did you upgrade the lights or just running the hood as is?

tampashane

Hey thanks for the comments and I'm glad you got some good info. As of now I'm running everything stock. I purchased everything to make a fuge in the back chambers but never did it. In fact in the 5 or 6 months I've been up and running I have only done 3 water changes. I don't know why but the params are always perfect. Only thing I did was take the filter out of its slot and laid it down flat over the second chamber. This tank has very fast evaporation I top off a lot everyday, I'm thinking the water is evaporating and I'm topping off before the trates can ever build up. That or I'm just blessed. So untill I see a need I'm not modifying anything except the lighting one day so I can get some sps.

tampashane

Thanks Nissan, and ya the coraline just started going crazy. I cant clean the back wall fast enough so I just gave up. Shouldn' t look to bad when its entirely purple.

tampashane

Ok so I have another question. All of a sudden I noticed I have this colony of whats either feather dusters or coco worms? Things just keep popping up in this tank. Looks to be 6 of them can anyone tell me which they are? and for fun I did another fts for the hell of it.

tampashane

Thanks Nissan, did you know if those were coco worms or featherdusters? Also I actually just got done changing most of the coral placements. I'm going to post some pics tomorrow once they've acclimated. I think it looks better but I'm looking for opinions.