First tank - Pic

lukeb321

Heres a shot of my first tank - will be FOWLR.
Was in the middle of a water change when taken so dont worry about the water level.
Still cycling with about 100 pds of live rock. Has a 260 watts lights, two penguin 350's, bakpak skimmer, 3 maxi jets 1200.
Eventually looking to add 2 clowns, dwarf angel, and a six line wrasse, with a nice cleanup crew.

mimzy

wow, beautiful! :jumping: how many gallons is the tank? I LOVE the rockwork - some pple don't like the rocks up against the glass, but I like the way it looks. Just make sure you've secured everything really firmly so it doesnt fall and scratch the glass... or harm an inhabitant! :scared:

lukeb321

Yeah, there pretty secure. Took about 4 or 5 different arrangements to make sure they are just "right" and secure.
I know some people like more open area, but I have always loved that "full look" of tons of rocks with never knowing what might pop out of a little crevice here and there. Oh and its a its a 55 gallon.

jonny bolt

Sweet. Nice rock wall.
Just a thought, I would make sure to introduce a Dwarf Angel last. I tried to introduce a Six Line after I already had an Atlantic Pygmy Angel, and the Angel kicked the crap out of it.

B

bwonder

The LR arrangement is nice!

Do you have sand or crushed coral on the bottom?

who dey

very nice, make sure the intakes for your 2 penguin's are easily accessable. they need to be cleaned from time to time.

B

bwonder

I was looking at the 260 ODYSSEA Jebo lights. What brand do you have?

gamedawg

THat's not a normal dimension 55 is it? It looks taller and a little more narrow (from the front) than mine, or a typical 55. That looks really good in the corner.