fish check list-very super urgent

myreef05

NOPE. Will not work. The damsels will kill everything in that small of a tank. A 20 gallon is the smallest recommendation JUST FOR 1 CLOWN.

rbaldino

You can get away with three fish in a 20 gallon. Since you already have the damsels, I'd just get one clown or something else that will get along with them.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by myreef05
NOPE. Will not work. The damsels will kill everything in that small of a tank. A 20 gallon is the smallest recommendation JUST FOR 1 CLOWN.
Don't know where you got that idea from.

nygel

not all damsels are mean, and yeah, thats a perfectly fine stocklist as far as if they will do fine together.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by firefish guy
two small non aggresive blue damsels that i already have
a fire fish
and a pair of percula clowns
in a 20g
Damsels will go skitzo on you. It is a proven fact!
Mc

rbaldino

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Damsels will go skitzo on you. It is a proven fact!
Mc
For ten years, I kept a tomato clown, a false perc clown, and a four-stripe damsel in a 29 gallon tank. For several years I also had a yellow-tail damsel in there. Know who the boss of the tank was? The tomato clown, who will even attack me. The four-stripe spent most of his time trying to stay out of the tomato's way, and the yellow-tail was too busy protecting a rock down low in the tank to cause much damage. It's foolish to say that a damsel will automatically turn psycho. In all the years I've kept fish, I've never had a damsel stand out as the most aggressive fish in any of my tanks.

bang guy

The only problem I see is overcrowding.
With 4 Damsels in the tank make sure the Firefish can't jump out.
I'd recommend just 2 Damsels, either the Percula or the Blue. Since you already have the Blue, well, then you should keep as good a home for them as you are able.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by rbaldino
For ten years, I kept a tomato clown, a false perc clown, and a four-stripe damsel in a 29 gallon tank. For several years I also had a yellow-tail damsel in there. Know who the boss of the tank was? The tomato clown, who will even attack me. The four-stripe spent most of his time trying to stay out of the tomato's way, and the yellow-tail was too busy protecting a rock down low in the tank to cause much damage. It's foolish to say that a damsel will automatically turn psycho. In all the years I've kept fish, I've never had a damsel stand out as the most aggressive fish in any of my tanks.
I would venture to guess that if you took a poll, you would see how lucky you have been. I would predict that way over 1/2 of the aquariast on this site that have had damsel experience, have had a bad one. Alot of it depends on the order of addition of fish and tank mates types. I know of numeorus tank tear downs to get them out. I think it is "foolish" to risk it if you have a choice?
IMO
Mc

rbaldino

Originally Posted by grumpygils
I would venture to guess that if you took a poll, you would see how lucky you have been. I would predict that way over 1/2 of the aquariast on this site that have had damsel experience, have had a bad one. Alot of it depends on the order of addition of fish and tank mates types. I know of numeorus tank tear downs to get them out. I think it is "foolish" to risk it if you have a choice?
IMO
Mc
I don't know if I've been lucky, but stocking order can definitely play a part. I do find it funny when people blame damsels for beating up certain fish when there are a lot of somewhat aggressive fish that are capable of beating up delicate fish. In my opinion, maybe it's the delicate fish that shouldn't have been put in the tank. Like in the case of firefish. Nearly anything will go aggro on them because they're such pushovers.