Fish that don't hide!

rockblast

In my honest opinion your best choice is the Bangii Cardinal that N_Sarno has already recommended.
The Bangii Cardinal might not be the most beautfiul fish but it definitely does not hide.
It's always (as N_Sarno already mentioned) swims mid level or higher in the aquarium.
Go to your local fish store and see if they have them in stock. You will see that they are midlevel.
Hope this helps

ophiura

So t his is a 15g tall? With the gramma and clowns or the clowns are in another tank?
The issue you could have is that the gramma is a territorial fish. In such a small tank, you could have issues. But grammas are not typically open water swimmers anyway, they are "rock huggers" and do basically hang out very close to the rocks. I think you could have a potential issue with anything like a firefish or psuedo...even a sixline could be an issue as they are similar shape and size and temperment.
But I would overall just be worried that the gramma could attack other new fish. It is a risk to think about in a really small tank.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by ophiura
But grammas are not typically open water swimmers anyway, they are "rock huggers" and do basically hang out very close to the rocks. I think you could have a potential issue with anything like a firefish or psuedo

my gramma hangs around my shrooms all day, and occasionally pesters with my purple firefish. but, to my surprise, when the lights click off, both the gramma and firefish go to sleep under the same rock...