Fish with Lymphocystis?

dmanatee

I was at my friends house yesterday and was watching her aquarium when we noticed that the Hippo tang in her tank had a strange cottony growth on tip of fin and nose. We looked it up and think that it might be Lymphocystis .
For sanity's sake the water params are as follows:
Ammonia/Nitrate/Nitrite zero
PH. 8.2
salinity 1.025
temp 78
This is a 300 gallon aquarium (reef) and only other fish are several pj cardinals.
I will include a couple pictures and see what you guys think. And what we should do.
My friend has been though some rough times lately and i don't know what she would do if her favorite fish died on top of it,
Thanks in advance! (oh and sorry for the weird distortion on the second picture, and the micro bubbles)

dmanatee

Bump.
Hey I told my friend to do a small water change just incase. but if there are any other sugestions or if you thing it might be something else let me know. thank you!

dmanatee

Sweet thankyou! So I guess now its just the wait watch and check method. Thankyou so much!
I will tell her about checking the diet of the fish as well!

dmanatee

sad update. so the little blue tang died this morning. My friend is sad, but decided that after she triple checks things that once avalible she will order a new one from here. I suggest that she definaly wait till the have one thats at least 5-6 in. thankyou everyone for the help, I guess better luck next time.