Florida or close to it

seagems

I'm using "we" for my boyfriend and I because he puts a lot of pride (and money) in the tank..lol...but it's a 55 gal reef tank. What set-up do you have? I LOVE Nahacky's coral tank! It's the one with the xenia everywhere- I am hoping our xenia turns out like that! I'm actually part owner of Rockstar so I am really excited you are informed of the reopening! I am a newbie since November so hopefully I can learn everything from Aubrey. Most of my learning is trial-and-error so far! (I posted this a couple minutes ago but deleted it, so if you already read it I'm sorry...I just forgot about how much I love Nahacky's coral tank!). Also I think Trident Pets has an excellent coral tank...I can't remember what stood out, maybe the anenome?? I keep getting them mixed up with Nahacky's though...Good luck to you! I'd love to share any experience- bad or good- with you as it comes along!
Michelle

floridabob

hi michelle,
i have a 75 gal with mostly clowns,(15 to be exact) 1 lm blenny , banji cardinal.an orcid dottyback and a neon dottyback.
dont flame me i know too many fish !!!!!
for a 75-- also have a clean up crew of hermits,snails ,coral banded shrimp and a cute little cuke .
for lighting i have a coralife 260 w pc light,might have to change that soon ,want corals softies shrooms i also have a diy 20 gal. refuge/sump with protein skimmer and a 700 gal. return.
for circulation i have a 2400 gph pump om a closed loop system with a o.m 4 way
. thats about it for now ,working on an auto top off and a
auto kalk drip .
bob

seagems

Bob, wow!
That is a lot of fish! 15 clowns? Did you breed them? Are they all different species? We actually lost 3 clowns in 2 weeks...for some reason our tank wasn't accepting clowns. Right now we have a mandarin dragonet, 2 tomato clowns (breeders), 1 yellow tang, 1 blue hippo tang, a shrimp goby, 4 blue green chromis, 1 marine beta (I named him "heebie jeebie" because I he lurks in the crevices of the rocks), 1 flame angel, 1 pygmy angel, 2 cleaner shrimp, some hermits and turbo snails...for corals we have some mushrooms, 2 brain coral, 1 colt coral, 1 sun coral (dying out though), some xenia, 3 heads of candy coral, a featherduster, frogspawn, a goniopora (the female clown is hosting this- REALLY funny!), some kind of polyps (they look like yellowish-brown polyps but I call then sun polyps), and we have a yellow branch w/ purple flower-like things (I'm not sure the name). Is it bangaii cardinals? I love them! That sounds like an awesome set-up...did you piece it together yourself or did you buy it all put together? In the shop I think we were going to try the refugium for the coral tank with miracle mud and plants, but I think that will wait til later....
I'm not too sure of our set-up
...my boyfriend is all into it. I do think we have power compacts but we are switching for some metal halides soon. The sump might be a 30 gallon with a media bag..that's really all I know we have (I'm more into the corals and fish). We wanted to try a clam but after doing some research we are not quite sure.
How do your dottybacks do? We had a purple pseudochromis who attacked our former pygmy angel...he was very territorial. The gobies are definately my favorite- we had 2 yellow watchmans but this purple crab must have got to them because they were missing within a week of each other (we have since fished the crab out using a meatball...lol)

Michelle

floridabob

hi again michelle,
i put all this together by myself , alot of questions on this and other
Message boards and a lot of trial and error!!!!!
I first started with an emporor H.O.B then after 5-6 months went to a wet /dry now have the refugium .basicly im saying --DO A LOT OF RESEARCH!!!!! it will save $$$$$$ in the long run.
as for my fish i have a friend that breeds clowns and she donates
a few here and their
my list of clowns;
3 tomato clowns, 3 black clarki, 4 reg clarki, 2 gold stripe maroons
3 percula , 1 picasso perci (in quarentine)
oops i guess i have more than i said at first

oh as far as the dottybacks they pretty much stay away from each other .
once in a while the neon will get testy and show the orchid whos boss.lol
when you guys re-opening cant wait !!!!!!!!! maybe i see you their .
Aubry is a cool dude from the few times we talked... seems to know his stuff. well ive been rambling on too long see ya

seagems

Hey Bob
That's awesome she donates some clownfish to you! We just haven't had any luck at all with the breeding. Isn't it funny how much personality the fish have?? I look at the freshwater fish and I don't see much of it- but saltwater fish are moody and silly- I could watch them all day long

Store opening should be soon! :cheer: I am thinking next Saturday but Aubrey and Chrissy say this Saturday...if you want, you can just drop in and check things out :joy: We have a lot of people from Country Ham and Egg open the door to check it out since it's something new which is great! If there are cars parked in the "Rockstar Parking" lots, come on in!
Yea, Aubrey is extremely knowledgable! I am hoping you can teach me a lot- so far it's been very stressful and chaotic so we are all just wanting the set-up to be over with! He has a lot of hands-on experience with different things so I think just absorbing what he says to customers will be the key to getting me to his level. Tonight we actually ordered some live rock for the 265 gal coral tank...it's going to look nice with the metal halides- I actually think they are so bright you can see them from the river!

Have a good night!
Michelle :happyfish

floridabob

michelle

good news
saturday cant wait
if you guys need a hand with anything ,around the shop, im offering my services. plumbing electrical or just an extra hand
let me know .
bob

seagems

thanks! :happyfish Hopefully all the plumbing is done- now we are just waiting for the water to cycle and for the LR to get here... :cheer:
Thank you so much though for you offering your services!

brewski4u1

Boca raton here!
i saw theres a bunch of people around me lauderdale and westpalm! and on in boca ! HI connor!
just gettin started but once i get my tank up we all should trade and help each other out!
-ryan

floridabob

holy bright lights michelle,
the wife and i were having ice cream and sitting in parking area in front of river last night !!!!! nice glow of tank light coming from building . your right you can see it from the river lol
sorry i couldnt stop and say hey, looked like you were busy though.
bob

sexyfishers

Rachid & Tonia here in Orlando, Tiger is our neighbor. We have 2 great lfs in which both have hot guys who work in there (Rachid wouldn't be happy w me saying this) and both of them are VERY nice and knowledgeable. Saltwater Reef(under new ownership) and Aquarium Fanatics both on Kirkman and I-Drive.
peace, tonia