Fnaaly Dean's tank diary

dse

finally after 5months of waiting for my tank to arrive from china i have got it.
tank length is 201cm long 50cm wide and 75cm tall if i remember correctly came with 2x 300w heater (aqua one) and 1x fx5 filter(no media or carbon) came in the wrong colour was slightly damged my wife is very cross with our lfs due to jmany reasons but the colour was ment to be beech it came back a whiteish colour......
but i sorta like it as it's mine.
well the equipment i got is 1xwave maxer control unit 4xwave pump 1xkoralia pump 1x 25kg reef salt 1x v2 600 skimmer 50kg 1mm sand fiji pink replica only used 22kg 30kg 0.1-0.2mm sand white-brown.
just orderd 20kg live rock also baught 30kg of ocean rock.
3x 150w halide 2xT5 10k blue 4x moon light.
i'm about to drill above the tank so i can put my halides up. i'm taking pics as we speak so in about 5hrs from now youll see pics so far i have spent near anuff $4,750 at the moment but i am planning on spending about another $350-$400 on live rock with in the next few weeks-months

dse

Here are some pics of tank on day1! just has about 400L in at the moment as the ro container can hold that max.

addicted2

Beautiful tank! I miss the "just set up" excitement!! It will only get more beautiful as each day passes now!
It was worth the wait!

dse

Originally Posted by addicted2
http:///forum/post/2754677
Beautiful tank! I miss the "just set up" excitement!! It will only get more beautiful as each day passes now!
It was worth the wait!

yes for sure the wait was worth it i'm glad i got it.
lets hope so this is my biggest tank yet and so far.
'll probably get MTS again and have 9 again in my garage!
well juust an update i got my "v2 600 skim" it looks good just gonna leave it for about 4 weeks before i use it properly.
tryed my T5's and spot lights last night WOW! once i start to transfer my smaller tank to this one i'll take pics at night it looks sexy!
live rock arrives tuesday 20kg then 16th oct 40kg then 27th nov 40kg again that should be a good ammount then i should i start putting in a few corals

dse

my new angel! and my first!
srry for bad pic but i had to angle it as my tank ibhind my bigger tank.
so trying to get even half a good pic is hard to get. cant wait til they are in my new tank then i'll get a top notch pic.

dse

Originally Posted by dsgmm9
http:///forum/post/2762977
it looks like a pygmy angel
some simular resemble of them exept mine is still none of those colors. it does have the neon glow underneath and a different color face like those but it still not looking right.
i also forgot to phone up lfs today so i'll get info tomorro.
update on tank:
well the alge bloom has happend 1st the brown and then soon anuff the pinks/purples! not all in quick sussion tho lmao.

dse

heres a pic from last night before the alge bloom.
also heres 2 pics of the clowns hosting the alge hair at least it makes them feel safe for 6-7 more months untill i get an new anemone or the super turbo's eat it all wich one is eating now as i type. so it will probably be gone to hardly anything left again... saves me from trimming i guess lol