Fnaaly Dean's tank diary

dse

cheers j.hatrick.
today was a big day i'm plasterd in black paint... yup i painted the back and my god the stress!
well i'm not finished i gotta buy a touch up brush and get the edges. but aprt from a few minors of seethrough wow there is a big difference to painting the back then using backing paper or what ever it's called.
made a lot of mess on the back of the floor misses will kill me but i thought oh well the floor is being replaced in less then a year anyway and no1 will look bhind the tank.... i hope lol

dse

well heres the tank os far you can't see the errors as the only ones are at the top of the tank were they are smeerd or the edges where i did not want to risk the flick rate of the brush into the tank i did cover the tank with the lid and a few towels too.

saltn00b

well you are talking in terms of the metric system, and using generally not often used terms here. so i was curious.
btw the tank is looking good, i would add some more rock work to it if it was me. also, i was surprised to see the first fish an angel. they are usually very sensitive fish and dont do well in newly set up tanks. good luck.
oh yea, you are the first person i have seen use that giant fluval fx5. i am not a fan of fluvals, but that should be pretty nice extra filtration. how do you like it? can you take some more pics of it?

dse

Originally Posted by saltn00b
http:///forum/post/2765386
well you are talking in terms of the metric system, and using generally not often used terms here. so i was curious.
lol yeah i get that a lot on usa forums but i find a lot more info and better advice then i do in the uk ones as imo the uk forums of swf are crap.
btw the tank is looking good,thanks
i would add some more rock work to it if it was me.trying to bit by bit we spending quite a lot on rock next week and this week and i want to make some with my son too as that will be fun and i like to do daddy and son things
also, i was surprised to see the first fish an angel.no no it's in my other tank whilst this one matures up lol they are usually very sensitive fish and dont do well in newly set up tanks. good luck.
oh yea, you are the first person i have seen use that giant fluval fx5. i am not a fan of fluvals, but that should be pretty nice extra filtration. how do you like it? can you take some more pics of it?yeah can do i'll do that first thing tomorro.
yeah the filtration is nice and blummin powerfull input/output for a filter imo.
but it does save me from using the powerheads/wave maker from being so close to the surface also it comes with two endings too that can be manually turned to how you like up down left or right spectacular jimo tho lol
***EDITED***

dse

Well woke uptoday and found angel has white spots on him... ('m hoping it's not white spot.....
also he looks like the boxing shrimp has had a round with him on the tail so looks like the purple dotty i moved into the new tank is fin and shrimp has gone for the angel now....
***phoned shop***
looks like the tank he came from has white spot! they thought he wouldent get it¬! so that's why they did not inform me (they have my number to phone when shipping arrives of live stock....

dse

well to my surprise my wife comes back with a new fish.. to live with my angel and to help her get better... cleaner wrasse.
i'm gonna let her try out her theory so she can learn if t goes right or wrong.
or how she excpects it too.
i'll give you an update later on how the cleaner and angel are doing...

dse

yah thats what the agel is in at the mo.
but by looks of things i was over panicing and wife is now happyer ish...
well i drip acclimed the c.wrasse and then introduced him to the angel and the angel was dancing at him to clean her c.wrasse was like not a chance so the angel folowed it for about 2 hours untill it settled in and cleaned for a while inbetween 10 sec-15sec a clean for about 5 mins with about 5 sec rest was fun towatch but i noticed the white spots look like sand grain so i've took out a powerhead and put it in big tank now. i'm also gonna take back the boxing shrimp as it trys to eat the angel and i saw it go for the c.wrasse.
i gonna miss it

dse

well here are the request pics i'll post some more later but this is at the top i put it on full motion and then the std mode that i normally have so don't mind the splashes as that was full speed ahead captain! lol

dse

ho crap! ok where do i start....
ok today i was moving my LR around found polyp i was like yay! but i also don't want it... nevermind about that anyway i just baught a pizza and i was eating it and thought oh i will go feed the clowns. put some frozen mysis in and then washed hands and back to my pizza... 5 mins later..... i looked to my left and i saw a spine i was like wtf is that! went in for a closer inspection and omfg! it was the rear end of a bristle worm it was one huge ass about 2 inch wide! all i saw was about 6 inches of it's end as probbably most of it was in the rock i was movin no more then 3-4 hours before... i hate these buggers but like the fact it's come out as it meens my tank is stableizing at least.. but i do think it's rather large for my tank and my tank is 6ft long.... any recomendations to it being removed once tank is 100% stable?

saltn00b

if it really was 2" wide, than it might not be a bristle worm, but something much worse like a medusa. i am not a worm expert though. see if you can snap a pic of that behemoth.

dse

ok did a search it's rear end did not look like them mine had pink hue to it with areas of spike's i'm gonna try a method to bring it out and take a pic of the son of a bi*ch then i'll make sushy..... hmmmmm sushy garrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
lol anyway i ogt ruler out and camara ready to take a shot with it it only comes outwhen the halides are off so i'll wait for about 5 more hours tops and sit and wait like a dog waiting for a bone.
i tell you what size of that thing made me not want to put my hand in the tank to clean it today lol (what a pussy i am being lol)

dse

Originally Posted by -Tara33-
http:///forum/post/2762893
sorry if its been said but i couldnt find, but what kind of angel is that, a midnight???
ok just poped into the lfs and ask what kind of ange it was.
it's a "japanese pygmy angel"
so i guess that dsggm9 was right. /clap for him as he is the photo expert lol

well.... today's update on tank "lots of alge on the sand due to it being new still but all test are at 100% i'll start runnig cal alk and mag test as from october 1st as i'm getting ready for my corals and would like to get it 100% right and keep it that way before i buy a hammer coral. (i love these
)
got to kill a few glass anemonie's that has crawled into my tank.
and get approx 50 more hermits/snails so coral will be end of oct-nov.
i'll take a pic of tank tonight as i'm putting in other fish as i need to take maller/sump tank to get drilled tomorro morning.

dse

well today is a good day for me i've finally transferd my fish into the tank and have quite a few coraline alge spots growing on rocks and on the glass.
i have baught a tang and will collect tomorro from the lfs.
i'll take pics and give the exact name.
i'm also buying a phos remover with in the next 3 weeks. before i start on the corals.
so all is doing well!!

dse

lol cheers nissan.
well here are some updates and i have NEW FISH!!!!
1st off ihad to get rid of the boxing shrimp as it caught hold of the new tang and nipperd it but its heald over.
ok the new tank mates are
leopard wrasse (shop named it piccaso wrasse)
scooter blenny
and a conch
te conch i got ona deal for $1 off my lfs as they wanted to get rid of them before the tax year ended. plus it was a wrong order so all thumbs up for me.
the other fish are doing great and growing well the cleaner wrasse i have is doing brilliant i feed him just seaweed these days and he loves it. The angel and tang now get along better but not perfectly but hay thats just like my wife and i
also the tang has new colours coming to it a lovly light green hue on the body makes it look shiney. my watchman goby has become a little fatty but looks lonly
well here are the pics.