Forced vaccines...

geridoc

reno: Read the proposed law, not the ridiculous rants as seen on Fox. The part that they are so upset about either doesn't exist in the proposed law at all, or exists in a very different form than they are implying. The proposed changes to the already existing state law is very similar to laws in virtually every state. Typhoid Mary was imprisoned because she insisted on working in the food industry, even though she was infectious. States always have the right to act in ways to protect their citizenry as a whole from individuals who pose a medical risk to to the community.
As an example of the exaggerated claims of the Fox broadcast, that "judge" says that the law would give non-medically licensed personnel the right to hold children down and immunize them against their will. In fact, the law simply proposes that persons posessing medical credentials from other states will, during the emergency, be permitted to care for the ill in Massachussets. In fact, the only time immunization is mentioned in the entire law is in reference to state workers being immune from civil actions (lawsuits) if they make a mistake, but are acting in good faith. There is entirely too much hysteria going on about h1n1, and this proposed law should not be used to generate more heat - it is a normal public health law.

stdreb27

Typical liberal response. Oh it isn't going to be that bad.
The problem is liberals write laws to enable government. The laws put the judgment in the hands of government. Vs in the hands of the people.

bionicarm

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3159448
Typical liberal response. Oh it isn't going to be that bad.
The problem is liberals right laws to enable government. The laws put the judgment in the hands of government. Vs in the hands of the people.
Sorry, but this statement makes no sense to me. But then, since I'm depicted as the Lead Liberal on this forum, I suppose I have a hard time decripting what Ultra Conservative verbage means.
The link posted on this thread is some outrageous rant by someone who apparently misread or misinterpreted what the Massachusetts law wants to do to comply with this supposed H1N1 outbreak. I haven't read the law, nor seen this response from FoxNews, but I honestly doubt you would see police forcibly hold someone down who would refuse to get vaccinated for a communicable disease. Aren't the conservatives the one's who keep screaming, "Keep the Federal Govt. out of my business! Leave it to the state and local governments to handle those issues! " OK. This is the state making this edict, not some Obama policy. This requiremnet falls in line with state mandated requirements for immunizations for a school-age child before they enter school. The State of Massachusetts in mandating that all children will get vaccinated for the H1N1 virus. I remember seeing a news article right before school started this year where some city in the US had informed parents that if they didn't get their children immunized with all the required immunizations, they could be subjected to arrest because their kids could not be admitted into the schools, and they essentially broke the local truancy laws for their kids not attending school. They had it on the national news, and I remember seeing people in this big long line waiting to get their kids their shots. There were several people upset and complaining about it, but in the end, every kid got their shot. Guess this must have happened in Massachusetts.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3159471
Sorry, but this statement makes no sense to me. But then, since I'm depicted as the Lead Liberal on this forum, I suppose I have a hard time decripting what Ultra Conservative verbage means.
The link posted on this thread is some outrageous rant by someone who apparently misread or misinterpreted what the Massachusetts law wants to do to comply with this supposed H1N1 outbreak. I haven't read the law, nor seen this response from FoxNews, but I honestly doubt you would see police forcibly hold someone down who would refuse to get vaccinated for a communicable disease. Aren't the conservatives the one's who keep screaming, "Keep the Federal Govt. out of my business! Leave it to the state and local governments to handle those issues! " OK. This is the state making this edict, not some Obama policy. This requiremnet falls in line with state mandated requirements for immunizations for a school-age child before they enter school. The State of Massachusetts in mandating that all children will get vaccinated for the H1N1 virus. I remember seeing a news article right before school started this year where some city in the US had informed parents that if they didn't get their children immunized with all the required immunizations, they could be subjected to arrest because their kids could not be admitted into the schools, and they essentially broke the local truancy laws for their kids not attending school. They had it on the national news, and I remember seeing people in this big long line waiting to get their kids their shots. There were several people upset and complaining about it, but in the end, every kid got their shot. Guess this must have happened in Massachusetts.
a liberal is a liberal whether he is writing laws for the state or for the nation. Doesn't change the fact that he is wrong, even if it is legal at the state level.
The difference is, at the state level, they can get away with different stuff since state's constitutions are different.
and if you can understand the KEY and MAIN difference between liberal and conservative ideology, it explains why you vote liberal.
But I'll restate it for you. Liberals think people can't be relied upon to make their own decisions. So they have government tell the people what they can and can't do.
Conservatives think government can't be relied upon to make good decisions so. They have the people tell the government what they can and can't do.
It is like Obama complained.
" It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as its been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties.
Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted..."
It is that simple.
And to me this quote more than just about any other quote is the root problem and the most scary thing about Obama's ideology.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3159481
a liberal is a liberal whether he is writing laws for the state or for the nation. Doesn't change the fact that he is wrong, even if it is legal at the state level.
The difference is, at the state level, they can get away with different stuff since state's constitutions are different.
and if you can understand the KEY and MAIN difference between liberal and conservative ideology, it explains why you vote liberal.
But I'll restate it for you. Liberals think people can't be relied upon to make their own decisions. So they have government tell the people what they can and can't do.
Conservatives think government can't be relied upon to make good decisions so. They have the people tell the government what they can and can't do.
It is like Obama complained.
" It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as its been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties.
Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted..."
It is that simple.
And to me this quote more than just about any other quote is the root problem and the most scary thing about Obama's ideology.
But this issue has nothing to do with Obama, so why even bring him into it? So you're saying because I lean more towards liberal ideologies, I'm incapable of thinking for myself, and I want Big Government to blindly make decisions for me? Are you nuts? There are little things called LAWS that we all have to abide by, whether we agree with them or not. If a conservative doesn't agree with government-mandated speed limits, does that mean they can break them and go as fast or slow as they want? Do you think 11 year old girls should get a useless vaccine that's main purpose is to protect them from $exually transmitted diseases like your Savior Rick Perry tried to push on the kids in Texas? I sure didn't. But the issue at hand is the H1N1 virus. It has been scientifically proven this virus spreads like wildfire once it comes into contact with a large concentrated group like school kids. There was some school up North they recently shut down because more than 50% of the students contracted the virus. So the State of Massachsetts wants to make this immuization a standard injection just like polio, chicken pox, or tetanus. Do you have a problem with kids getting immunizations for those diseases? Texas has now mandated kids get the Hepatitis A injection. That's three shots. Have a problem with that one? Look what happened when the Federal Government mandated that every school-aged child take the polio and small pox vaccination. That pretty much erradicated those diseases in the US.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3159503
But this issue has nothing to do with Obama, so why even bring him into it? So you're saying because I lean more towards liberal ideologies, I'm incapable of thinking for myself, and I want Big Government to blindly make decisions for me? Are you nuts? There are little things called LAWS that we all have to abide by, whether we agree with them or not. If a conservative doesn't agree with government-mandated speed limits, does that mean they can break them and go as fast or slow as they want? Do you think 11 year old girls should get a useless vaccine that's main purpose is to protect them from $exually transmitted diseases like your Savior Rick Perry tried to push on the kids in Texas? I sure didn't. But the issue at hand is the H1N1 virus. It has been scientifically proven this virus spreads like wildfire once it comes into contact with a large concentrated group like school kids. There was some school up North they recently shut down because more than 50% of the students contracted the virus. So the State of Massachsetts wants to make this immuization a standard injection just like polio, chicken pox, or tetanus. Do you have a problem with kids getting immunizations for those diseases? Texas has now mandated kids get the Hepatitis A injection. That's three shots. Have a problem with that one? Look what happened when the Federal Government mandated that every school-aged child take the polio and small pox vaccination. That pretty much erradicated those diseases in the US.
And there-in lies the disconnect.
I used obama because it is a very good example of liberal ideology. He isn't the only kook out there. Remember how you asked that question, saying you couldn't understand what I wrote... Just explaining it.
If you want to get into texas politics that is fine, but Rick Perry will say or do anything to win an election.
If you want to get into vaccination history, we can argue about that, some were successful, some killed thousands...
I don't think you're incapable for thinking for yourself, you've got it backwards, my, conservative, ideology says let you think for yourself. Liberal ideology says you're incapable of thinking for yourself, and that is why I am implementing program, x (then you can list off just about every liberal program out there, social security, Nationalized healthcare, welfare and social programs, global warming)

kjr_trig

http:///forum/post/3159471
But then, since I'm depicted as the Lead Liberal on this forum,
I like the title, I think it should be in your avatar....In the absence of Journeyman, I would certainly give the Lead Conservative title to Darth.
Congrats to both of you.

Oh, I have guy that works for me part time and he is "anti vaccine" for his kids....I think he's nuts, but to each their own.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3159515
I like the title, I think it should be in your avatar....In the absence of Journeyman, I would certainly give the Lead Conservative title to Darth.
Congrats to both of you.

Oh, I have guy that works for me part time and he is "anti vaccine" for his kids....I think he's nuts, but to each their own.
I never got the flu shot. And I've never got the flu.
But personally I'd rather be puking sick, than this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTFzQqHzGRE
Why take the risk.

S

smartorl

For many parents, myself included, vaccines, not just the flu vaccines, are a subject of indecision and confusion. All of my children have been vaccinated to the exact guidelines issued, however, there is so much data out there showing vaccines as having negative health impact that if faced to do it again with another child, I'm not sure what my decision would be. Just the links to autism should make you pause to research all you can.
As parents, we monitor their diets, their friends, their behaviours, their health, their activity levels, their inactivity levels, all with an eye towards making them healthier. If I thought a food could potentially be harmful to their health and development would I risk feeding it to them and just wait and see. Sounds a little like Russian roulette to me.
The year I lived in MA was an eye opening one. That state is so all over the place with what is "right" it blows my mind. If you write out most of their strong platforms, they are in direct contradiction with each other.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3159515
Eh, maybe stdreb27. However I am honored to be nominated for this award. Atleast, I have been a conservative for longer than a few days before being given the nomination.

renogaw

there are state mandated vaccines, which i can completely and utterly agree with for school reasons. My daughter, 18mo, has received the hep vaccine. but there are major differences between certain viruses like hep, polio, small pox, etc and the flu or swine flu.
The flu and swine flu MUTATE. the vaccines that are produced may or may not even contain the virus that is going out now, since they were produced based on a virus from months or years ago (especially the flu). The biggest issue with the swine flue vaccine, imo, is how quickly they are being forced out of the manufacturers. polio, small pox, hep a...those are years and years old, with no issues in making them. we're forcing out swine flu vaccines with no testing...
maybe the WHO shouldn't have friggin introduced the swine flu in "mock up" vaccine shots this past spring...

angler man

This is craziness, period. All of my kids have it and are pretty much through with it. My wife's co-worker is now through with it. It's just a glorified flu people! All of my kids broke their fevers in less than two days. I don't get the hysteria over it. It's not a big deal.

S

smartorl

Honestly, I would in all likelihood, vaccinate another child if I had one for the usual childhood vaccines. I do figure that the benefits outweigh the possible downsides. This is based on the information I have poured over. However, I do think that as a parent, it is our right to be informed and make informed decisions regarding our children. My point isn't so much with them but with the right to choose as a parent. This would of course bring into light the parents that won't do it because they just don't care not based on an educated decision.
With regard to the flu vaccines, I would not vaccinate my children. I don't feel that the benefits are worth the risks. These vaccines have not been thoroughly tested to know what they will bring in a few years. I am not willing to risk it........period.
With our country in such crisis, I think there are subjects which need government attention, both on the state and national levels.

sickboy

http:///forum/post/3159481
Liberal=Wrong on principle.....hmm....don't know whether to call that arrogant or ignorant....Then when you consider anyone that is not "conservative" to be a liberal, it seems that almost 75% of the country is then "wrong"

sickboy

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/3159542
The flu and swine flu MUTATE. the vaccines that are produced may or may not even contain the virus that is going out now, since they were produced based on a virus from months or years ago (especially the flu). The biggest issue with the swine flue vaccine, imo, is how quickly they are being forced out of the manufacturers. polio, small pox, hep a...those are years and years old, with no issues in making them. we're forcing out swine flu vaccines with no testing...
yes it mutates, but it is still from the same strain. The reason it is so dangerous as opposed to the normal flu is that we have been exposed to previous strains of the flu and therefore build a fast immunity to the new mutation. Those that were alive the last time the swine flu was around need not have the vaccine b/c their body will be able to handle it better b/c of previous exposure.
Btw, I have received both flu shots, no ill effects, except the regular flu shot gave me a sore arm for a couple hours. I probably wouldn't have gotten the H1N1, but I have a 8 week old and don't want to take any risks.