found a good lfs in monmouth, nj

blazehok68

well on my travels yesterday i found a place in monmouth right near the mall. i think its on rt 36. anyway its called tropicquarium. tons of coral frags! when you first walk in the shop there is 2 huge tanks probably 8'x4'x2' each. and there is an archway between them. one a huge reef and another a fowlr. walk between them and there are 2 huge frag tanks probably 5'x5'. tons of quality fish for sale and lots of lr in stock. there prices are a bit high, but i believe it is worth it b/c everything looks healthy. seems like these guys know what they are doing. also, they have tanks and stands and all kinds of other stuff too. anybody in the area should definately give this place a visit.

bri23520

The owner is a real jerk there, and their prices are extremely high there, but it is a very nice store though.

irondog

Hey whays up guys i'm from north jersey uniom area thats good to know always looking for a good lfs really dont mind paying high prices if the quality is good,i use this guy in roselle park nj underwater world prices are kinda high but let me tell you fish are best i ever seen very very clean,an there anothere place in clifton nj absolutely fish its a really big fish store his price are high tons of fish an coral,but i'm sticking to my guy underwater world been there for 30years thanks

misfit

Theres a nice place here in toms river RIght by the Home depot.on 571 and route 9 called animal kingdom nice people.will order anything you want and have it in like 2 days and there prettty cheap.been going there for almost a year and never had a problem w/ fish or corals

blazehok68

Originally Posted by misfit
Theres a nice place here in toms river RIght by the Home depot.on 571 and route 9 called animal kingdom nice people.will order anything you want and have it in like 2 days and there prettty cheap.been going there for almost a year and never had a problem w/ fish or corals
you arent takling about aloha pets are you? where exactly in toms river?

blazehok68

is it better than it was? i remember when it was aloha, half the store was die cast cars, and their selection was pretty crappy.

J

jupoc911

check out oceanarium on rt 9 north in marlboro. I work there so stop in.

misfit

Animal Kingdom is all pets now < I too had gone there when it was owned by the other guy it was horrible.Half of the store is fish now, the rest is other pets and supplies, no other junk!

blazehok68

Originally Posted by Jupoc911
check out oceanarium on rt 9 north in marlboro. I work there so stop in.
what exit of the gsp is that?

blazehok68

Originally Posted by bri23520
I go to fish tails on rt 88 and also rt 88 pet world both hve good prices but fish tails is alot better
i agree..fish tails is a lot better.

J

jupoc911

if your comming from northern jersey take exit 123. If your comming from Southern Jersey take the RT 18 North Exit to Rt 9. I think it is like 105 or something

misfit

The exits name is Pleasant PlainsRt9, unsure of the number.Its not105, its more like 84 or something.I think Fish tales is pretty good too. Never been to Oceanarium,I dont get up that way too much. I think we will check it out this Sunday. What are the hours Jupoc911?Do they have a large selection? :joy:

misfit

The exits name is Pleasant PlainsRt9, unsure of the number.Its not105, its more like 84 or something.I think Fish tales is pretty good too. Never been to Oceanarium,I dont get up that way too much. I think we will check it out this Sunday. What are the hours Jupoc911?Do they have a large selection? :joy:

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by BLAZEHOK68
well on my travels yesterday i found a place in monmouth right near the mall. i think its on rt 36. anyway its called tropicquarium. tons of coral frags! when you first walk in the shop there is 2 huge tanks probably 8'x4'x2' each. and there is an archway between them. one a huge reef and another a fowlr. walk between them and there are 2 huge frag tanks probably 5'x5'. tons of quality fish for sale and lots of lr in stock. there prices are a bit high, but i believe it is worth it b/c everything looks healthy. seems like these guys know what they are doing. also, they have tanks and stands and all kinds of other stuff too. anybody in the area should definately give this place a visit.
This place SUXS. I used to deal w/ this store all the time. Was paying way to much for anything they sell. The also don't use qt or hospital tanks. They use a small none lethal dose of copper in the filtering system, what ever that means. Either you use copper or you don't. They love to sell you a bunch of stuff and then when you have a problem they turn around and sell you a bunch of crap going the other direction. Some how or reason they leave ick fish in the tank and turn the lights off on the bottom row? When i got back into saltwater I bought some lr from them and it was dank no life and bleached white. I go on this forum and see people who bought lr and its got color and life and I’m looking at a tank filled w/dead rock I wanted to buy some green hairy shrooms, they had a piece of rubble rock with a two tiny shrooms and was trying to charge me $69.99 I laughed so hard at the guy i had tears rolling out, and the guy was serious saying that 69.99 was a great deal. When i said its just a frag of a GHM he quickly changed his tone none the less i really would not recommend that place, at least not for people who know what’s going on have a clue to search out the correct answer and just take them at face value. They got a huge chunk of change from me when I had no clue what was going on now if I’m in the area and need some additives like right now, then yes I’ll spend the extra money but if I can wait I’ll buy online a lot of stuff except anything live. Now a days any info you need you can get right online and not he uneducated opinions of a kid just doing his job, and moving products. Also if you buy any test kits look at the dates, they peel the exp date off the sailfert kits. The test that are still good are in the back the exp kits are in front and the tag is peeled off with dust stuck to the glue where the tag was. I am also looking for a new lfs and were I live I have access to RT 9, Rt 18 RT35 and 36 so any one who knows of a good reliable store that don’t stick the knife in your back trying to make a buck, post it. Over all Tropiquarium sux the big one

misfit

Blaze- we have been going to Tropiquiarium for about 2-2.5 yrs.The prices have always been high but now they are threw the roof,we went there on Feb 13 and the prices for popular corals such as brains, colt, toadstool,leathers was $89.99-$199.99 :scared: :scared: That is just insane,that was not even the exotic stuff!!!The new guy there is a jerk the old guy Mike was very nice and knowledgable. They have a great selction and everything is healthy and clean but i refuse to pay those kind of prices. We hadnt been ther in like 2 months and couldnt believe the price jump. I payed $60 for a green stripe mushroom that I had been hunting for (it ony had 5 srhooms) if I hadnt wanted sooo bad I wouldnt have payed that.

misfit

sharkbait I completly agree with you. I am apalled at the stuff that goes on at Trop. they have been lucky cause there wasnt that much comptition, but now people are smarting up and buying on line and stuff. when we where there on Feb 13. They had an anenome that was big ,it had liqiufied in the container(gross) I told the girl about it and she said they had a power outage for awile the day before. First, I dont think that would make an anenome do that, that quick and second if it didthat was yesterday and today its still there in the tank with other corals,nice ammonia spike. I think that is why they raised there prices more cause sales are down!!