Found a limpet and killed my first apaista(SP)

bulzebe

Well, earlier today, I saw this thing that looked like a snail with a flat shell moving around on the rock. So I decided to touch the shell. It was indeed hard, but it moved MUCH faster than a snail. Like.. A little less than the speed of a common beetle. :thinking:
Yesterday, I saw a apaista(SP). We immediately put the rock it was on, in a pot of boiling vinager and water. Good thing that the rock was small, because we made live rock soup that night. I also made sure it was an apaista first as well. Also, we got rid of the piece of LR. :jumping:

bulzebe

Yeah, I thought it was something else. Anything I should know about the little bugger?
Edit: Nevermind. Found a page with some good info.

bulzebe

Wow.. No wonder why the glass always stays so clean.. I've now realized we have a bunch of snails we didn't order. Their body is grayish-blue(The common kind, you know, the type that comes with cleaner packs and such.). I knew the tangs and blennies couldn't work -that- fast.

beamer

Just curious. If you boiled the rock with aptasia, why did you throw the rock away? :notsure: I have one that I would like to get rid of.
Cindy