found my cat drinking out of the tank!!!

vsecret

it has been really hot lately, so I've left the lids open to cool it down. Well my cat LOVES water and i went into my room and saw her on the tank (don't know how she jumped up there) drinking out of the tank!! (and to be honest i was surprised that she was only drinking...she loves to swim...i think i caught her right in time)
I scooped out the one piece of cat hair i found floating around, but i don't see anything else wrong.
should i just leave my tank be? or should i change the water again (i just changed it yesterday)

vsecret

ahah she knows how to turn the bathroom faucets on, and she lays in the sink under the running water.
do you think my tank is alright? Shes a very clean cat

salt210

probably will be, is she a inside cat? doubt that she had anything on her that would be a problem in the tank

vsecret

haha she doesnt typically drink out of the tank, she usually goes for the sink. But yeah shes an inside cat
Meowzer how you do you manage the cat hair in your tank? I've got 3 cats that like the shed!

meowzer

Originally Posted by vsecret
http:///forum/post/3118204
haha she doesnt typically drink out of the tank, she usually goes for the sink. But yeah shes an inside cat
Meowzer how you do you manage the cat hair in your tank? I've got 3 cats that like the shed!
...I really don't have a problem...I see a hair here and there...I never have worried about it.

mr&mrs.o

I think you'll be just fine. We have more than one cat, and one of them gets up on the tank more often than we'd like! And the hair is NEVER ENDING. Hair gets in our tank, we take out what we see but it's never caused any problem. We had a canopy on the old tank that the cat always slept on...hair would get gobbed up near the top of the overflow (yuck). We'd always have to clean it and no problems with that one either :)

gypsana

I have an open tank with five indoor cats and there is always cat hair floating on the top, never caused any issues. As for the cat drinking the saltwater, one of mine did that the other day and she actually jumped into the tank when she was a kitten. My tank is fine and so is my little terror. The one thing that saltwater could do is cause a bit of dehydration if a lot was ingested but I doubt a cat would drink that much, but cats are funny critters.